Thursday, December 19, 2013

Why Are Some Of Your Favorite Bloggers Mormon?


Hello! I hope you all don't mind, but today I'm going to get just a little personal with you. I am assuming that many of you already know that I am a Mormon (a.k.a. a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) I am sure you might have figured that out already, and have seen my series called I Am a Mormon Monday where I feature a different Mormon blogger each Monday. I came up with the idea awhile back and it has really taken off!  Since I started this blog, I have never tried to hide my beliefs, but have actually tried to express more of what I believe and what is most precious to me.

If you would like to read my story, click here, here, and here

I have decided to team up with a group of my favorite LDS bloggers to share with you a little more of what we believe, and perhaps shed some light onto why so many of your favorite Bloggers are Mormon. I just want to be up front and let you know that I am not trying to push my religion onto anyone at all, so I am sorry if you feel that way. I just want to share with you what has blessed and completely changed my life forever. I get so excited and want to share it with as many people as I can so it can possibly bless the lives of others and they can experience the pure happiness and peace that I have found too.



I have had several emails with questions about my faith and have seen questions online regarding what I believe. There is one particular question that seems to be popping up everywhere though...‘Why are there so many Mormon mommy bloggers??’  The more I find different bloggers across the internet, it seems lately every blog I find is Mormon!

Literally, most of my favorite bloggers I follow are Mormon.  It’s hard to come up with one answer as to why this is, but I do love Sydney's  words about it..she sums it up pretty perfectly. She talks about how Mormons are encouraged to share their talents, expand their minds, and foster creativity.  Blogging is a fantastic way to do that.  I can’t tell you how much I have learned from blogging, how much I have stretched myself creatively, and how satisfying it is to share any goodness I find with my readers.  This blog, though it can be exhausting at times, has been a huge blessing in my life.

Beyond wondering why there are so many Mormon bloggers, it is also asked, ‘Why are they Mormon?  Why is anyone Mormon?’  Starting today, I (and many of the Internets biggest Mormon mommy bloggers) are going to give you the opportunity to find out.  As it involves our intimate thoughts and personal stories, we are going to keep it available only to those who truly want to know.  Those who have an open mind and seek without the intention of ridicule or debate.  Our beliefs are very special to us and we would like them to be respected.

Here’s how it works: 
If you are genuinely interested in learning more about many of your favorite bloggers and why we are Mormon, send me an email with your name and address to bostonksox@gmail.com 

Here’s what you will get:
I will personally send you (for free) a packet filled with the personal thoughts of the following “Mormon Mommy Bloggers”:
Myself, of course.
Camille ~ Six Sisters Stuff
Leigh Anne ~ Your Homebased Mom
Megan ~ Brassy Apple
Reachel ~ Cardigan Empire
Caroline ~ Armelle Blog
Carrian ~ Sweet Basil
Melissa ~ 320 Sycamore
Shandra ~ Deals to Meals
Kristyn ~ Lil’ Luna
Kelli ~ Lolly Jane
Stephanie ~ Somewhat Simple
Becky ~ UCreate
Arianne ~ Still Parenting
Shawni ~ 71 Toes
Lindsey ~ The R House

Along with the blogger packet, you will find our favorite scriptures, the ones that have personally touched our lives, along with a free Book of Mormon.  Why the Book of Mormon too?  Well, it would be impossible to really understand us without it.  It is a major part of our religion, our lives…and part of WHY we are Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  It is the ancient records of prophets who lived in the Americas before, during and after Christ’s time on earth.  Honestly, I think it’s the coolest book ever.  So, there you have it.  Between the blogger’s thoughts and the Book of Mormon, I think you’ll get a fairly good idea about where we’re coming from.


Packages will be sent out right away.  Oh, and if you’re worried that I’ll use your info to send Mormon Missionaries out to stalk you, I won’t.  Nope, you get the packet, Book of Mormon, that’s it.  No strings attached.  If I remember, I will probably just send a follow-up email making sure you got your package.

***Remember, orders for the package have to be sent to my email address, bostonksox@gmail.com

And while you’re waiting for your packet, check out Mormon.orgIt’s a super reputable and easy-to-understand site, all about Mormons (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.) I especially love the I’m a Mormon’ videos that follow the lives of different Mormons…they’re short and these people have the neatest stories!)

If you are a Mormon blogger and would like to participate, please email me and I will give you all the details that you need!  bostonksox@gmail.com

post signature

Labels: , , , ,