Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Special Day


Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to attend my friend Ayesha's baptism. 

What a special day it was!

I met Ayesha a little over a year ago when my Husband's best friend recommended her to work with me. From the moment I met her, I knew in my heart that we would be the best of friends. I know and believe that God sometimes will put people in your life for a reason and I feel exactly that way about her. I have cried with her, laughed with her, and have grown so close to her over this past year. I am grateful for her sweet spirit and her true friendship. She is caring, selfless, funny, outgoing, and gives the best hugs ever!!

One day, just before I was leaving to met up with her to work an event, I felt a very strong prompting by the Holy Ghost to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon. So I ran upstairs, grabbed an extra copy, cut a big red rose from one of the rose bushes in our backyard and headed out the door to meet her. When we met up, I handed her the Book of Mormon with the rose placed on top. I remember telling her that I felt like I needed to give the Book of Mormon to her and then continued to share with her how much I treasure the Book of Mormon and how much it changed and continues to change my life daily. I have learned that when you feel a prompting from the Holy Ghost, don't doubt it, but act on it. I know I have probably missed so many opportunities because I haven't acted on certain promptings that I have received. She took the Book of Mormon and for months it just sat on her shelf in her room. During these months, she went through a really rough time in her life, one of the worst times in her life as she describes it. One day as she was sitting in her room, she looked over and saw the Book of Mormon. She walked over and decided to pick it up and read it. I remember that night like it was yesterday. I was working an event with Josh. I went to check my phone and I had a long message from her talking about how she was reading the Book of Mormon and that she really loved it. My heart dropped and I started jumping for joy (literally) as I was slurring my words telling Josh what had happened. From there on out, she started texting me some of her favorite scriptures, which then led to her meeting with the Missionaries, which then led her to finally getting baptized!! Waaahhhhhooo!

I enjoyed her baptism so much, not only because I am so happy for her and the path that she has chosen, but it brings back SO many sweet memories of when I was baptized just 4 years ago. The spirit was so strong at her baptism and I do not have the words to even describe just how she looked when she came out of the water. She was glowing and smiling ear to ear!


"I just remember how I used to feel. I felt like nothing. I would wake up every morning wishing I could just go back to sleep and never wake up. As I stood up and spoke after my baptism, I felt so incredibly happy but also unbelievably sad that I ever felt that way about myself. I am so grateful that I don't have those feelings as a burden anymore. I never have to go back to feeling that way" I just feel like this is the end of all my sadness.  I just feel so peaceful and enormously happy! It's so freaking rad!! I can't describe it. I love how I feel. I never want to feel that way I used to ever ever again"



post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,