Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My Story: Part 2


 Okay...if you didn't get a chance to read My Story: Part 1 go HERE

Back to where I left off....

After saying that simple prayer I went on about my day.

The very next morning when I woke up I said to myself
" I am going to church"

It was the weirdest thing, especially since I hadn't been in awhile.
I got up, got dressed, grabbed my Bible and went to this small Christian church up the street.

I really liked this church a lot and it was pretty small so I didn't feel out of place.
I attended this church by myself every Sunday. I found myself feeling a lot happier and things really started to look up. I also found myself reading the Bible for hours on end. My boyfriend would mock and say things to me but I just ignored him and continued to do what made me happy. 

Eventually my boyfriend and I hit a breaking point which I am grateful for.
I knew deep down inside that he wasn't right for me and I couldn't see a future with him.
I knew I had to move on and it was hard because I was so comfortable in the spot I was in but
felt like I was just going through the motions from day to day. Our relationship just felt like a routine to me.
I wasn't truly happy and wanted to be with someone I really truly loved and could share a future with.

I packed up my things and moved back into my Mom's place.
It took me awhile to get over him but with God things got better a lot quicker than I expected.

Close to 4th of July, one of my friends Jamie who lived in Arizona told me to come and visit her.
I thought.. well why not?!? The salon went under and just got out of a rough relationship.
I needed a break!  My Mom offered to just pay my way to visit Jamie in Arizona. Score!

I was in Arizona for 4 days (115 degree weather) and I looked at my friend and said 
"I am moving here!"
I know...call me crazy all you want! 

I really felt like God was telling me that I needed to move here. The feeling I had was so strong.
I didn't know why He wanted me to move to Arizona but by the feeling I had I decided to live a little on the edge, trust in Him and just move.

So I did! Once I flew back to Oregon, I told my Mom. 
She was really shocked but supported me the whole way 
and told me if that is what would make me happy then to go for it.

I didn't have a job lined up or a place to live.
The only thing I had was my trust in God.

At the time I was on unemployment from the salon, so I had enough to last me until I could find a job.
A few days prior to leaving, an acquaintance from High School who lived in Arizona contacted me and said
"Hey I heard you are moving to Arizona? You are gonna love it here! I don't know if you have a place to live already but I have an extra room available if you want to live with me until you can get on your feet?"

Within just a few months I was living in Arizona!


**CHECK BACK FOR PART 3**

4 Comments:

At October 3, 2012 at 1:12 AM , Blogger KatXoXo said...

Glad you were able to get over him :)
Positivity is key :)

 
At October 3, 2012 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

It's amazing how God lines things up for us...

 
At October 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you! Me too!
Hope you have a great day!

 
At October 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yes it is. I think back to all the events that had to happen and fall into place in order to get me to Arizona and where I am at now. It's all Him. He is so amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home