Monday, September 24, 2012

Why I Choose to Dress Modestly

Skinnies: Ross
Wedges: Payless 
Sunglasses: Walmart
Flower Top: F21 (thrifted)
White V-Neck Tee- Walmart 
Lucite Bracelet: White House Black Market





When you turn on the television, go to the movies, or flip through the pages of just about any magazine, it appears that our society has lost the value of modesty. 

People dress in clothing and styles that are designed to reveal and to bring considerable attention to their bodies.

When I choose to dress modest I believe it sends a message of purity and honor. 

It shows that I have self-respect and self-control over my body. 

When I dress modestly, I am saying that I posses inner qualities for which I should gain appropriate attention and value from others. 

I dress in a way that will always please my Heavenly Father and show Him that I respect that the body that He has given to me.


The Bible places a high priority on modesty. In 1 Timothy 2:9 , for example, it teaches that Christian women are to dress modestly. They are to focus on their inner attractiveness rather than being overly concerned about outward appearance. 

Modesty also demonstrates self-control, which is a fruit of the Holy Spirit 

Labels: , , ,