Friday, June 27, 2014

IT'S NOT GOODBYE....BUT SEE YOU LATER.

I broke the news to my Mom about E leaving just the night before after our Case Manager left. I called her and we both sobbed on the phone together. She told me she wanted to see her as much as she possibly could before she left. Last night we went out to dinner with my Mom and her fiance to Rudy's BBQ (mmm mmm good!!) and took a ton of pictures together. E loves my heart sunglasses. "Mama...can I wear your hearts.. pretty please...pretty please?!?!" This picture that Josh captured of my Mom and E is my favorite. She loves kisses and lots of them. I taught her how to give Eskimo kisses too and she loves that!

 From the moment E stepped into our home, I had an instant connection with her. She was attached to me and I was attached to her. It wasn't too long after that she started calling me Mommy. When you hear a child call you Mommy for the very first time, your world turns upside down for just a moment and your heart skips a beat or two. I hoped and prayed that she would be with us forever. With my Mom, she had that same connection too. From the very first time she met my Mom, she started calling her Grandma (of course you could imagine how my Mom felt! She melted and took it all in!) They instantly bonded and its so funny to watch the two of them together. They laugh, dance, and sing together. One day when we were over my Mom's house swimming, we got out of the pool and had some homemade sorbet.  My Mom took a bite and said "MMMMM MMMM GOOD!" E started laughing hysterically and then copied my Mom. The two of them went back and forth for a good 15 minutes taking turns and then laughing hysterically together. 

 "I have only known E for just a short amount of time and I love her so very much. She is such a sweet little girl and has such a joyous spirit about her. I am going to miss her SO much. I love that little girl. I really wish she didn't have to go. This is SO hard Kimberly. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. I'm so sorry. I just pray to God every day that she will get just as much love, attention, affection and care that you and Josh have given her. I will always love her and she will forever have a huge place in my heart. It's not goodbye...but see you later." -Mom


post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home