Friday, June 13, 2014

"MAMA..I WANT TO FLY!"


I hear these words so often. "Mama...I want to fly?!?"
"You need wings to fly honey." "Okay Mama, then let's go to the store and buy some wings then!"

Yesterday I made a trip to Dollar Tree over my lunch hour to get a few things. As I was walking up and down the aisles putting things in my cart (things I probably didn't need, but thought hey it's just a buck right?) I expect this to happen every time I go to Dollar Tree. I go in for a few things and always come out with more than I had on my list. Always. As I walking down the toy aisle, I came across some fairy wings. I thought they would be the perfect surprise to bring home and I knew she would LOVE them. 

When I got home, I made her close her eyes so I could surprise her. 
As her eyes were closed and she was trying to peak, I told her:

"You know how you always tell Mama that you want to fly? Well I have a surprise for you. But first I want you to know just how much I love you and that you can always fly whenever or where ever you want. Okay you can open your eyes now"

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHH Mama! Wings! Wings! They are so beautiful!"

She ended up wearing them for the rest of the night fluttering all over 
the house saying "Look Mama! Look! I can fly! I can fly!
I feel so blessed that God has entrusted us to care for this sweet little girl. His little girl. 
I am so happy that she is with us right now and however long she will continue to be with us.

I am also so happy that we have been able to provide her with a healthy, fun, and loving environment 
where she can learn, grow and be loved unconditionally. Josh and I will continue to give her all of that and so much more. I want her to learn and know that she can fly (not physically fly of course), but that she can do anything that she sets her mind to. That she can have hopes, dreams, desires, wishes and that God will be by her side always, every step of the way to lead her, guide her and make all of those things come true in His perfect timing. That she is an over-comer and will be unstoppable if she always puts God first in her life and trusts in Him with everything. I know that He will bless her time and time again.  

With God on her side, she can fly above and beyond anything that she 
can even begin to imagine...because with God all things are possible!! 

HAPPY FRIDAY GUYS! Make it a good one!!

post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home