Thursday, July 17, 2014

"MAMA......I WANT MY JESUS"


For all you Mama's out there, I am sure that you have all had those scary Mommy moments..maybe many of them. Those moments when something happens to your child and you instantly freeze for a couple of seconds like your mind has stopped working and you don't have a clue what to do next. I had one of those moments about two nights ago with E. 

When we got E, she had to have a lot of dental work done. Now when I say a lot of work.......I mean a lot of work...like $3,000 worth of work. It just blew my mind. She's only 4!! She had to have 4 crowns put in, work done to her two front teeth and about 2 weeks ago she has to have spacers put in on each side of her mouth. Poor girl. One thing I can say though is that she is such a champ. If you would have seen her, you would have never known that she had all that work done on her mouth. She was still so full of life, running around and playing everywhere. You know those people who just have a zest for life? Yeah..she's one of them. 

Earlier this week I picked her up from school and her teacher said that E had a bloody noise a little bit after lunch time. She said it freaked her out because one minute E was playing and the next minute she looked up at her and saw blood running out of her nose. I told her teacher I would keep an eye on it and if it continued then I would call her doctor about it. 

That night our night was like any other night. I put E to bed about 8:45pm. Close to 9pm, I hear her shouting from her room "Mama....Mama...come here please." I got up and went to her bedroom. She was standing at the doorway behind the baby gate and had a little bit of blood dripping from her nose. I picked her up, told her she was okay and brought her into our bathroom to clean her up. I sat with her for a few minutes to make sure she was okay and then I put her back into bed. Not even 20 minutes later I hear again"Mama....Mama...come here please" I got up and went to her bedroom once again. 

As I walked down the hallway, I could see her standing in the doorway again. As I got closer and looked at her, she had blood covered all around her mouth, on her shirt and on her hands. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said "Mama...look" as she pointed down to her shirt scared. “It’s okay sweetheart, Mommy will make you feel all better…come here honey.” I picked her up and once again and brought her back into our bathroom the second time around. I sat her up on our counter as I wiped her bloody nose, the blood around her mouth and on her hands. I got a cup and filled it up with some water and had her rinse all the blood out of her mouth. Josh stood by her side just rubbing her arm reassuring her that everything would be ok. “I don’t know why this is happening or where all the blood is coming from”, I said to Josh as we looked at each other confused. I then thought and said to E “Honey open up your mouth really wide for Mommy okay?” She turned to me and opened up her mouth so I could take a look inside. As she opened her mouth, there was a pool of blood. I had her rinse with water for a second time then had her open wide again. As I looked the second time around, I noticed a small pool of blood in the middle of her spacer where they pulled a tooth. I soaked it up with some gauze and then looked again. “Josh look honey..this is where all the blood is coming from, she must of somehow punctured the gum and made it bleed.” Josh ran and got more gauze out of our first aid kit and had her bite down on it to soak up some to the blood. Josh gave her a kiss on her cheek said “I love you”, picked her up and carried her to our bed.

 On my nightstand, I have a picture of Jesus Christ (the one above). She rolled over and picked up the picture and said “Mama..I want my Jesus…I want my Jesus..I want my Jesus", she said over and over again as she stared at His picture. That was a moment that I will never forget and will always be ingrained in my mind. It was one of the sweetest, tender moments I have experienced. She recognized that she needed Jesus right then because she was hurt and feeling sad. I stood there as I listened to her talking to his picture and tears flooded my eyes. For the next hour, all three of us snuggled up in bed together. We ended up changing the gauze two more times before it stopped bleeding completely. As I laid there holding my sweet Husband’s hand and with E nestled right in between us, I closed my eyes and felt overwhelmed with a spirit of gratitude thanking Heavenly Father for blessing me with such a wonderful Husband and a sweet little girl to join our family at this time. 
God is so faithful, so merciful, so loving and so kind. He is so good!

*I ended up calling her dentist the next day and he informed me that she must have punctured the gum pretty bad to make it bleed the way it did. We are going to keep a close watch on her and he said if it happens again soon, to bring her in so he can see her.




post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home