Monday, April 21, 2014

HER NAME MEANS HOPE-OUR FIRST PLACEMENT


It was completely unexpected. We had our last appointment last Tuesday night. I knew that we would eventually get a call..I just didn't think it would be the next day! As I was on my way home Wednesday night, Josh called and told me that the CPS worker called him and they had a 4 year old little girl. I was speechless at first and didn't know what to say. I couldn't believe this was actually happening! 

I continued to drive home and it seemed like I couldn't get home fast enough because I was so excited. Once I got home, Josh and I had less than two hours to get the house tidy and run to the store to get some last minute items which included a few pairs of pajamas, some kids food/snacks and a flower bed set. Josh also picked out the cutest baby doll for her too. We were both so excited and couldn't wait to me her. 

Less than two hours seemed like days to us as we waited with excitement and anticipation for a knock at the door. Finally around 7:15pm, we saw a car pull up. "Josh! She's here! She's here" I shouted.

We opened up the door and saw her for the first time. She was beautiful. She looked at us with her big brown eyes as we smiled at her and said hello. The CPS worker said that she cried and screamed the whole way to our house. He set her down on the ground. I knelt right next to her and asked if she wanted to see her room. She immediately grabbed my hand as we ran to her bedroom. As we entered her room, her big brown eyes got even bigger as she ran around looking at her room and all her toys. I loved seeing her laugh and smile. It made my heart happy. She looked at me and Josh all night for love, affection and safety. Little did she know that no matter how long she is with us, that she would getting all that and so much more!
post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home