Thursday, October 17, 2013

What I Made Thursday Link Up


Hi, I'm Janssen! I blog over at Everyday Reading about all my favorite parts of daily life - delicious food, pretty clothing (that's reasonable for wearing while staying home with my two little girls), and great books. I used to be a school librarian; now I spend most of my time reading picture books (and YA novels!), cooking, snuggling my girls, and blogging late at night while eating frozen cookies. 

I have to admit that I'm not the world's biggest fan of pumpkin, but I've been experimenting this fall to find pumpkin recipes that I like - I love the flavor, but the texture of lots of pumpkin products can be off-putting to me. So far, I've found a fabulous black and white chocolate pumpkin breaddouble chocolate pumpkin cookies (my favorite of them all!), and salted pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Obviously, I like my pumpkin to have a chocolate counterpart. 

These crepes, with the world's most delicious (and not too sickly-sweet!) cheesecake filling, are another home run, even if they didn't involve chocolate. I made them for guests last week and one of them asked me afterward for the recipe. Sweet success! 


Pumpkin Crepes with Cheesecake Filling
(adapted from Somewhat Simple)

Makes 15-20 crepes, depending on the size


Filling:
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla

Crepe Batter:

3 eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Maple syrup, for serving (optional)


In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, beat whipping cream and sugar together until soft peaks form. Add cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla, and mix until smooth and well-combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.

Put all crepe batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Cook with a crepe maker using manufacturer directions, or, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan and rotate pan, using the handle, until the batter covers the entire bottom of the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the edges are dry, then carefully flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds until it's completely cooked through.

Place about 1/4 cup of filling in the middle of each crepe and roll up. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired, and eat immediately.


Thank you so very much for having me Kimberly!!

..............................................................................................................................................

Be sure to check back in tomorrow for a GIVEAWAY.



post signature

Labels: , , , , ,