Thursday, October 10, 2013

What I Made Thursday Link Up: DIY Polka Dot Tote

For those of you who know me, you would know that I am a HUGE fan of polka dots.
Awhile back I bought a two pack of canvas totes from Micheal's for a Primary project.
I only ended up using one of the canvas totes and just put the other tote in one of my 
craft cubbies. I wanted to do something fun with the other tote so I could get some use
out of it. Well guess what I came across on Pinterest? You guessed it! Polka Dot Totes!






 Materials:

  -Blank canvas tote (I bought mine at Michael's for $2!)
  -Fabric paint in the color of your choice
  -Pencil with unused round eraser tip
  -Paper plate to hold paint
  -Cardboard insert

Directions:

Insert a thick piece of paper or cardboard to catch any bleeding. Squeezing about a tablespoon of paint onto a paper plate, dip your eraser tip into the paint, making sure it is completely covered. Start in the upper left-hand corner and stamp your polka dots all the way down, making sure they are evenly spaced. Allow 24 hours to dry. Stuff that tote full of goodies and swing that baby over your shoulder for the world to see!

Labels: , , , ,