Thursday, April 3, 2014

CHANGE.


Change. 
Change is necessary – it’s just a part of this life.
Most people would say they want change in their lives. They want circumstances to change, people to change, the world to change… And it seems it rarely occurs to us that instead we sometimes need to change.
The truth is, we probably have a lot more to do with change happening than we actually accept to realize. We can’t keep doing things the way we have always done them and hope or expect to get a different result.
Many times, I have tried and tried to make things in my life change and didn't get much of anywhere. I would read my scriptures and try. I would go to church and hear a great message and try. After trying so hard and feeling exhausted all the time, I felt as if I was getting no where. I just felt like giving up altogether. I soon came to realize what the problem actually was. I was “trying” in my own strength, and not relying on the help and strength that I needed from God. Not only the help and strength I needed from Him, but His will and calling for my life and not my own. I was the one trying to make things work out when He already had it all planned and set right in place for me all along. 

Change Your Life

I’ve discovered that things in your life will change when you first change your mind. Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world…but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and the perfect will of God…” 
When we change our minds and put God first with all the things in our life, everything seems to fall right into place.
How do we renew our mind? With God's word. It is full of life and has power to change us. When I read my scriptures, I feel comforted, at peace, happy, joyful, and have found many answers to my prayers from is pages. We shouldn't just read it just to read it though. We should be studying and meditating on His words daily and trying our best to apply it in our lives.
I am so thankful to God for the knowledge that I have. I can tell you that it didn't happen overnight though. Today I am continuing to learn and years from now I will still be learning. I love that! Gods word is always alive and so powerful (Hebrews 4:12)
Meditating
Part of studying is meditating – rolling something over and over in your mind or pondering it. If you know how to worry (which I know how to do alot), then you know how to meditate. It’s usually not hard to meditate on a problem all day long, if you let yourself. 
We don’t really know how messed up our thinking is until we study God’s Word and realize what we should be thinking. His words are like a mirror – it shows us the way we should be and the way we are. 
What have you been thinking about lately? Take a moment to stop and think about what you have been thinking about and then try and refocus your mind to start thinking about what you should be thinking about.

You can change. Everything is subject to change except God Himself.

We have to stop wasting our time and energy by saying and thinking, “My life is never going to change. My finances are never going to change. My marriage and children will never change…etc.”
Start speaking and thinking about what Gods words says: “All things are possible with God. And I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!” 
Try to think about good things so there’s no room for any of the bad things. 
Be hopeful, be trusting, be prayerful, be diligent, and most importantly... be thankful.
I want God to change me. I want Him to use me to change anything in the world that He wants to use me for. I believe that He can change anything – me, my circumstances, my family, my marriage, my finances – there’s nothing He cannot change. I know change won’t be easy at times, but I’m committed to be where He want me to be at all times. 
I know that He can also and wants to do the same thing for you too. Look to Him.


post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home