Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Recipe: Asian Zing Wings (Buffalo Wild Wings)

For those of you who saw this picture below on my Instagram last night, I 
asked my followers to try and take a guess as to what Josh and I were cooking. 


Here are some of the responses I got:






I think my best friend Paola was the closest to what the recipe actually was. She said some kind of Asian dish. Well she got the Asian part of it right! I am sure that most of you have been to Buffalo Wild Wings, right?!?! Well if you haven't, you are missing out big time! They have some of the best wings. One of my favorites from there are their Asian Zing Wings. They are so yummy! Well, after I got off work last night, I come home to this..a bunch of ingredients sitting out all pretty and organized on our kitchen counter. I asked Josh, "Um..what's with the huge collection of ingredients on the counter all perfectly laid out?" Josh: "We are going to make Asian Zing Wings tonight. I thought I would lay all this out for you so you could take pictures and put this recipe up on your blog". My husband is too funny. I love him to pieces. He will find recipes online for dishes from restaurants we love and then cook them at home and they taste almost identical! The last recipe we did was Japanese Onion Soup. Okay...so on to the recipe......


     Ingredients:
      *2 teaspoons cornstarch
      *4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
      *1/2 cup corn syrup
      *1/3 cup sugar
      *1/4 cup chili-garlic sauce (sriracha!)
      *1 tablespoon soy sauce
      *1 teaspoon lemon juice
      *1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
      *1/4 teaspoon salt
      *1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

       
Heat oil in your fryer to 350 degrees F.  Fry wings for about 10-12 minutes, or
until light brown. Remove wings and drain on a rack or paper towels briefly.  


While the wings are cooking, mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and set aside.



After wings are cooked and drained, place wings in a plastic container with a lid. Add 1/4-1/3 cup of your mixed sauce of choice to the container. Replace lid and shake well to coat all the wings.  Pour your wings out onto a plate with some ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping!



This recipe was so easy and the wings tasted almost
 exact to the Asian Zing wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. 

Let me know if you try this recipe, I would love to know what you think!

post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,