Friday, January 25, 2013

Can't Wait to Use This Baby!

This is the camera that I had....



Dont' get me wrong, it's a nice camera and takes decent photos.
I just wanted to step it up a little bit!
When my Dad came to visit a few weeks ago, he took some photos
of me with this camera. When we were sitting down at dinner he told
me that he has a nicer camera that he hasn't used in years and asked me
if I wanted it. What do you think I said? Uhh..YES!!


It just arrived in the mail today at work. 
It's a 35mm camera. I love the vintage look of it!
I have heard some really good things about 35mm cameras.
Some people will only stick to a 35mm camera over a digital
and some people who use digital would never shoot with a 35mm.
So we will see....




What kind of camera do you use?

Have you ever used a 35mm camera?

Any tips/suggestions would be helpful!




Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At January 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I think I used that same Nikon for a while. I recently upgraded to a DSLR. There is something nostalgic and classy about using a 35 MM. Have fun!

 
At January 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so so so exciting!

 
At January 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM , Blogger J.L. BOSTICK said...

Awesome camera! I think I have the same one in my camera collection. I am a concert photographer and it's much easier to shoot a concert with a DSLR. I shoot with a Canon at all times. I love their customer service and the fact that they stand by their product. Anytime I have ever sent anything to the factory for repair they get it done quickly and efficiently.

35mm's are fun but the printing and film can be pricey these days. A good photographer will do good to get half a role of quality shots on a single roll of film. With that said, it's a real art using a 35mm and they feel AWESOME in your hands. Enjoy your new camera! I am a new follower, I look forward to seeing it in use. :)


 
At January 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Angela said...

That should be fun. No tips from me. I shoot with a nikon 5100.
Method Clothe

 
At January 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

How do you like your DSLR?
I agree! I love the vintage look of it!

 
At January 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks Elisabeth!

 
At January 28, 2013 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks Jennifer!
Thank you for stopping by and giving me some tips! I really appreciate it!

 
At January 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by Angela.
My friend shoots with a Nikon 5100 and loves it!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home