Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Someone Special



I have been counting down the days and the day is finally here!
My Dad will landing in Arizona in just a couple of hours.
I cannot wait to see him and give him a BIG giant hug. 

My parents have been divorced since I was a Junior in High School.
The news came as a complete shock to both my brother and I as our
family was very close. It was hard at first....really hard. At that
time in my life I never knew God so I had no one to really turn to
and didn't know how to heal my broken and confused heart.

 I think the hardest part throughout all of it, 
 is having one parent here and the other in another state (California) 
  My Mom moved here a little over a year ago after much praying and fasting.
Josh and I are now working on getting my Dad here also (God willing)
I feel so blessed that I now have a relationship with God. That I don't have to
figure things out on my own. That He takes my sorrows and turn them into joy.
I know that He hears and answers prayers...even the unspoken ones.
 I know that God is faithful and I know that He has a plan for everything which
brings me comfort, hope and peace.
.....................................................................................................................................................
Scripture of the Day (my favorite):
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
-Proverbs 3:5-6


Do you have a favorite scripture?




Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Enjoy your time with your dad. I understand that divorce is hard no matter what age you are.

 
At January 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Lex said...

Absolutely love that scripture! What a great source of peace and comfort. :)

 
At January 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Lisa!
It really is especially when unexpected. Both my brother and I were very shocked. God is good and faithful though!

 
At January 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks Lex!
This scripture gives me so much peace and comfort during the tough times to realized that He knows what's best and His way is perfect not mine ;)

Hope you are having a great day!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home