Monday, November 5, 2012

I am a Mormon Monday

About Me:
  I recently joined the blogging world of fashion and DIY. Outside of my family, it is my new love. With these hobbies, my life has become an enjoyable balancing act. I say enjoyable because I sincerely enjoy being busy! I am a Mormon, professional hair stylist, full time mom and wife, a member of some very active families and I still manage to get dinner on the table (tasty ones if I do say so myself!). But haven’t you realized that you are always trying to find a healthy balance in life? My top priorities and areas that I try to keep balanced are my religion and family. Everything else falls secondary to those two things. I was raised to put family and God first. I know that if I do that, everything else will fall into place. I have noticed that when these two things are out of harmony, so is my life. That is why I am grateful I have my Heavenly Father to lean on. Being a Mormon brings me a certain happiness and joy that I didn't know was fathomable. Even though a new pair of shoes brings me great happiness, the Gospel of Jesus Christ far outweighs that kind of happiness. It is lasting. Think of it, lasting happiness. That is what I am all about and I get it from being a Mormon.


How do I live My Faith?
        I have been taught since I was a young girl that it is important to live my faith by the example I set. Every time I turn around at my house, I see two little hazel eyes watching my every move. My three year old loves to play copy cat when it comes to taking fashion pictures and trying on clothes. I know that if I were to say or wear something inappropriate, it would change what my daughter believes to be right. When I walk out the door each morning, I keep a prayer in my heart that I can set a positive example, look for those who need an extra smile and remember that I am a representative of Christ’s church. I hope that by the way I live my faith, others will see how truly happy being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints makes me.


What is hope and what do you hope for?
         Hope is waking up every day and realizing that your life has a special purpose. I have hope and confidence that I will be able to live beyond this life with my sweet husband and precious girls forever. Even with this wonderful reality, some days are harder than others. Maintaining hope in a Heavenly Father who loves and cares about me and my family keeps my head up on those not-so-awesome days. For the most part, I hope for and look forward to an exciting, adventure filled future. Secretly I am always hoping to find a killer bargain on the latest fashions, but most importantly I hope for an eternal life with my family.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home