Monday, October 29, 2012

I am a Mormon Monday


About Me

I kind of have an usual story, particularly for a Mormon female.  I always thought before 30 I'd be happily married with 4 kids, staying at home.  Sometimes life hands you some serious curve balls, and for that, I am grateful! 
I was the victim of an abusive relationship and was abandoned by my ex husband in my mid 20's.  Shattered, and unsure where to turn I found my faith and so much healing. In darkness I found joy, peace, and so much drive to move forward with life!  I guess you could say I got sick of being sad and thinking I was a victim  it was time to change things!  I chose to be happy, optimistic, kind, and put my trust in God. 

The result?  Only 2 years after this I was married to the greatest man in the world!  We were married only 10 weeks before I graduated with my MBA in marketing.  I started my fashion blog at that time to try to help me piece together not just my style, but my life as well.  Sometimes I look back to the trauma and pain I experienced and just feel like it's a bad dream.  I think my life is a testimony that you can be happy no matter what, and that life really does work out with hope, faith, and optimism. 


What is hope and what do you hope for?

Hope is excitement, passion, and a belief in things to come.  Hope is actually one of my favorite words!  I'm a firm believe in the idea that we choose our attitudes, we choose to be happy, and we choose to hope for good things to come!  Some of those good things for me are always staying madly in love with my husband, being successful in my career, having the opportunity to be a mom (and a good one) learning as much as I can while I'm alive, that I'll survive the marathon I'm training for and not pass out, that I'll be able to use the bathroom and not check behind the shower curtain for a serial killer someday, and that I'll master making creme brulee. 

How I live my faith:

I believe in eternal families, and I believe I'm going to be with my husband for eternity. I try so hard to treat my marriage special.  Our lifestyle blog is all about date nights and keeping love alive in marriage.  I'm a crusader for this, I want every couple to be super happy and never experience things I have! 

That's just one aspect, but to me, it's a huge one, and definitely my favorite! 

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Francesca said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story and your testimony!

 
At October 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Ohhhh Creme Brulee? Me, too! Glad you have survived and moved on from a horrific sounding experience.

 
At October 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Lex said...

Thanks for sharing! I really appreciated it!

 
At November 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM , Blogger House of Tong said...

I LOVE THESE!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home