Wednesday, February 19, 2014


Jacket: Thrifted // Top: Guess // Skirt: eShakti // Bracelet: Ettika // Shoes: Target // Purse: from Josh // Sunglasses: Thrifted

Happening #1 On Saturday, Josh and I attended a 2 hour car seat training class (one of the requirements to becoming foster parents) Even though it was two hours, the time just seemed to go by so slowly. All the information was very helpful. Turn's out, Josh knew more about car seats that I did! He says " What do expect? I have 20 nieces and nephews! I have had many experiences with car seats." Once the class was over, everyone got a free car seat..we ended up with two. Don't ask me how, but his first name is Josh. The trainer had each of us drive our cars up to the front and install the car seat so she could approve it. Needless to say, we passed with flying colors! I cannot tell you how excited we are! My heart melts when Josh and I got out and we look in the back and see that car seat there. This is happening. This is really happening! On our way home from the class, we decided to go to lunch, we park and before going in Josh says: "You make me so happy. I can't wait for us to start our very own family. The best part about all of it is it's with you" 

Happening #2 A little over a week ago, my Dad was rushed to the emergency room. Just a little background information for Dad has to have a lung transplant because his lungs are so damaged. In order to get on the "list" there is a series of tests (a lot of tests) that he has to take in order to get accepted on the list. The doctor ordered to have a CT Scan done and found a mass that he was concerned about, but he couldn't make out exactly what it was. He ordered to have another CT Scan done for the following week, but this time with die so he could make out exactly what it was. He had this test done on a Wednesday. The doctor called him Thursday morning around 10am and told him that the mass was aneurysm on one of his arteries and he needed to go to the emergency room right away. I was at work when I got the call from Josh and immediately rushed to the hospital. Within just 2 hours, my Dad was taken in for surgery. Just before that, we met with the Chaplain to discuss my Dad's wishes and desires if something happened to him during surgery or after. That was so hard to discuss. Just before he was ready to be wheeled into the surgical room, he held my hand and said (Dad) "You tell me that you will see me again if I die right?" (Me)"Yes Dad, I know that I will with all my heart" (Dad) "Well I guess I am not afraid if I die then, my only worry is leaving you. If I do die, I just ask one thing.....please don't take a long time to get up there!" I laughed and cried at the same time. The surgery took about 2-3 hours. Josh and I sat in the waiting room as we waited for the call from the doctor with results on how the surgery went. The phone rang, my heart dropped. "Mrs. Bonham, we are done with the surgery and it was a success. Your Dad is doing okay. He will still be under for the night, but you are more than welcome to see him in about 30 minutes or you can come back tomorrow" We decided to stay and see my Dad even though he was out. When I saw him, I held his hand, gave him a kiss on his forehead and prayed to God thanking and praising Him for His goodness. My Dad was in the hospital for a week and is now back home with us. Every doctor that we came into contact with said that my Dad was very very lucky because the aneurysm was so close to bursting. This was a complete miracle. If the doctor hadn't of ordered that specific test first, this would have never been found and he wouldn't be here right now. This was all God without a shadow of a doubt. I am so grateful for His goodness, His grace, His love, His promises, His miracles, His healing, and that fact that He is simply ALWAYS there through every single thing. I am in awe of Him. I love him so much! I was even more grateful when I heard this story: Josh mentioned to be the 2nd night that we were in the hospital that one of his good friends Zach, his Mom died that week from an aneurysm on her artery. Zach and his Mom were talking and laughing. Zach left the room for a few minutes and when he came back he found his Mom on the floor. She was gone. It was too late. I cannot even begin to imagine. My thoughts and prayers go out to that family.

Happening #3 Josh and I are FINALLY going away for a few days. I cannot tell you how excited I am! I honestly, since we have been married can't remember the last time that Josh and I got away just the two of us. We are going to Lake Havasu for 3 days and I am going to soak up every single bit of it. The best part is, everything is paid for! I am counting down the days until then!

4. I have to speak at church this coming Sunday! The topic of the talk is Perfect Love Casts Out All Fear (1 John 4:18) I have been working on it for a few days now and really like how it is coming along. Wish me luck!

**There is one other huge happening that I would love to tell you about, but lets save that for next time ;)

post signature

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home