Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Testimony Tuesday

Good Morning! It's that time again for Testimony Tuesday!

Today Kerri is visiting us from Love Always

Guys...she is seriously AMAZING and she is here to share her testimony with you.
You can feel through her words the love that she has for the Lord.

WARNING: Be prepared to get chills all over


Hey! I'm Kerri
I blog over at
Love Always


This is me and my cute Husband.


and this is my testimony....


I contemplated sharing one of those- oh wow miracle stories of mine.
because i figured i should since it is testimony tuesday.
then i really started thinking about a testimony and how it is gained.
testimonies are not born from the once in a while big miracle moments.
those moments are special situations when he decides to come down and write his divine signature on your heart, just because He loves us.

a testimony is gained from little moments- and not all at once.
those everyday tender mercies that we receive because of the Lord's love for us.
they nurture our soul and allow a beautiful faith and confidence to continually grow in our hearts.

for example- last sunday night, i was on the verge of tears at the thought of enduring the monday ahead of me. scratch that. the verge had come and gone. i was in tears.
the dreadful monday.
chalk full of classes, studying, appointments, and an opening and closing shift at work.
i am 9 weeks pregnant right now which means i have about 2% of my normal energy.

i honestly didn't think i could get through the 18 hour day.

i prayed. i prayed that i could just make it through the day.
and guess what? i did.


throughout the day, i found little comforts.
finding a new song i could listen to that seemed to re-energize me,
venting to a doctor about all my pregnancy symptoms,
work wasn't as busy as usual, and i was able to get in a quick nap,
and biggest shocker of all, i was in a happy mood all day.
i randomly felt like giggling or hugging a stranger
my husband hardly recognized me
because I've been quite sick and sluggish the past month and a half.

these sorts of things happen to me whenever i am humble enough to turn to the Lord.
they seem small, maybe even sound insignificant-

but praying and asking for divine help; although it doesn't necessarily make life perfect-
it does allow to me to live my days with my eyes open a little wider and i am able to recognize the small blessings i am always receiving.

my testimony is not based on the big huge miracles that have happened in my life,
although those didn't hurt ;)

it is a compilation and a combination of all the love i have felt and all the blessings i have received from my Father in Heaven; and all the love i have consequently felt towards the Lord and so many of the His children on this earth, the love that is undoubtedly rooted in Him.


thank you so much for having me Kimberly!



Want to participate in Testimony Tuesday?!?!
Email me if you are interested!
bostonksox@gmail.com



Quote of the Day:

"Our hope is not in any one election...
The most important election in your lifetime is your election into the household of God....

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At November 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Blogger meandmr.com said...

Great idea, thanks for sharing!
-Melanie

P.S. I'm hosting a $50 Shabby Apple Giveaway on my blog, you should come check it out!
http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway

 
At November 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM , Blogger funsizetessa said...

Exactly what I needed to hear seeing as I'm overwhelmed with my upcoming days! Love this!

 
At November 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are so welcome! Thanks for stopping by!
I am heading over to your blog right now!

 
At November 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww this is just the reaction that I want to get from my readers. It makes my day when my words or someone else can touch someone else. Praying that you will be able to get through these next couple of days with the Lord's help and strength!
Hope you are having a great day!

 
At November 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Olga Zgonnik said...

always enjoy your posts!

would love to follow each other? :)

www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

 
At November 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Veronica Lee Burns said...

I love that you have testimony tuesdays...that's so cool! Glad to have found you through the link up :)

 
At November 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am your newest follower ion GFC! Thanks for commenting on my blog!

XO http://shesaidhesaid-fashion.blogspot.com

 
At November 6, 2012 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Finding God's faithfulness in everyday life!
I need this today!


=)


Brooke

 
At November 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

What a beautiful story! This was really touching.
Isn’t That Charming.

 
At November 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such beautiful words. I read a quote yesterday saying that you should let your faith be bigger than your fear and it has been on my mind since.

Thanks for your lovely comment. I don't see you on GFC, would you mind trying again? I'm following now!

Love from South Africa

http://arumlilea.blogspot.com

 
At November 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Kerri Andersen said...

thanks everyone for your kind comments about my post. i think kimberly is awesome for doing this. and i am so happy it was what some of you needed to hear, makes me so happy! :)

-kerri :)

 
At January 31, 2013 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! I was thinking how powerful testimonies are and wanted to start testimony tuesdays on my blog for people to link up to...I googled it and found this and love. Thank you for sharing! This will encourage so many people and it is so true :)
http://www.myheartandyours.org/

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home