Monday, October 22, 2012

I am a Mormon Monday

Happy Monday!

Hope your weekend was great!

Interested in what this is all about?

For those of you who read my blog, you may or may not know that I am a
 LDS (aka Mormon).

I wasn't raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I actually grew up Catholic and found out about the church 3 years ago.

Since joining the church in December of 2009 I have heard and read
A LOT of misconceptions regarding the church and about things we do and don't do,
and what we believe and don't believe.

I think a lot of people really don't
have a true knowledge and understanding of what we believe.

I sure didn't at first and it was because of what I read and what I heard.

I never thought I would be able to have such a close relationship with my Heavenly Father.
I am so grateful for this.

I look back sometimes and see where
I was and see where I am today and it amazes me.
God is so good!

So with that being said I came up with
"I am a Mormon Monday"

This is to show the world that
we are normal,  that we are Christian and
that we do believe in Jesus Christ.
(The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)

Every Monday I will be featuring a new face.
They will be sharing with you what they believe
and how they live their faith.
  
Today I would love to introduce to you

Take it away Rachel!


Instagram: @rachelsayumiporter
About Me:
I am a girl who grew up my whole life in a pretty Mormon-populated community. I had lots of strong friends who were members of the church. I feel so blessed to have had the friends and experiences i had in my youth, because it helped me to become strong and faithful. I then graduated high school, came to a private Mormon school, and married an amazing Mormon boy. It truly is the center of my life and I don't know what I would do without the gospel in my life!
I'm a pretty simple girl. I love the simple things in life... I don't like wearing tons of makeup, doing my hair all crazy,wearing crazy outfits... to me, less is more (: However I do LOVE classy fashion,anything with a vintage touch,floral prints and polka dots!
What is hope and what do you hope for?
To me, hope is to have faith and not give up on certain people, situations, and things in general. I believe in hoping for the best in all situations. Living life in an optimistic way can really change your outlook on everything! I hope for happiness for everyone in the world, I really do!! It makes me so sad to know that there are people suffering in the world. I hope that everyone can feel and find happiness in their life.
How I live my faith:
I live my faith by striving to live the morals and values which I have been taught. I do my best to be considerate and nonjudgmental towards others. When I am able to make someone happy,that brings me happiness as well! It can be hard to serve others when I have a pretty busy schedule with school,homework.. studying.. and work.. but I do my best,especially starting out with my cute husband. I want more than anything to make sure that he is happy,since he brings so much joy into my life! 
Thanks for having me Kimberly! 
This was so much fun!


See last weeks feature HERE



Want to participate in I am a Mormon Monday?

Email me @
bostonksox {at} gmail {dot} com

I would L♥VE to hear from you!

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM , Blogger The Millers said...

I love this series!

http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

 
At October 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

What a cutie! It is so good to hear about people in happy marriages these day, ya know?

 
At October 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger A Life Un-Styled said...

It's interesting to learn about people and their faith. Something that I really admire about your church is the strong sense of community and connectedness you appear to have, more than other churches I've got to know. Wishing you a great week! xoxox

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home