Monday, April 15, 2013

I Am a Mormon Monday: Meet Janssen Bradshaw



About Me:
 I grew up in Las Vegas, which always seems to strike people as funny when they find out I'm Mormon, and then went to BYU, where I got married and also graduated with a degree in history. My husband and I moved to Austin, Texas, where we both worked for a while before returning to school (he got a masters in accounting, I got one in library and information studies). We lived in Boston for one year where I was an elementary school librarian, but after we had our first daughter, we moved back to Texas. Now I stay home with our two little girls, where I do a lot of writing and blogging, and keep the dishwasher full with my constant cooking experiments. My library card is always maxed out.

What is hope and what do you hope for?
Hope is faith in things that haven't yet happened or are still a work in progress. I hope for my girls to grow up to be happy, smart, strong, and faithful. I hope for a life where I can continue to grow and learn, spiritually and mentally. I hope for my marriage to keep getting stronger and better and more fulfilling. I hope for a testimony that doesn't waver and is strong enough to hold onto when things are tough.

How do you live your faith?
I feel like being a mother gives me the opportunity to live my faith on a daily basis because my girls are watching my every move. I want them to see that I really do value the things I tell them I value (prayer, family, scripture study, my relationships with my Heavenly Father and Savior). Having two little shadows around makes it pretty clear when I'm not living up to the standards I want to be. Truly, though, I feel like the clearest reflection of how I'm living my faith is what I see in my own heart. I can do all the outward things - attend church, have Family Home Evening, do my visiting teaching - and still look inside myself and know if I'm actively living my faith or if I'm just playing out my responsibilities. I want to live my faith completely, inside and out.

Thanks, Kimberly! What a beautiful collection of faith and hope you've gathered. 

....................................................................................................................................................

Today is the last day to enter to win a vintage swimsuit from Beverly Swimwear!

Good luck guys!

Enter HERE


Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2013 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Rolled Up Pretty said...

You're so cute! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home