Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Gentle Shepherd

*Painting by one of my favorite artists Greg Olsen
His work is so beautiful. Here's the ones we have in our house.
O Jerusalem / Precious in His Sight / Bread of Life


He will feed His flock like a shepherd: He will gather the lambs in His arm, He will carry them in His bosom and will gently lead those that have their young. —Isaiah 40:11

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. -Psalm 23

When God speaks to us and guides us, He doesn’t scream at us or push us in the direction in which He wants us to go. No, He leads us, like a gentle shepherd, inviting us to follow Him to greener pastures. He wants us to get to the point where we are so sensitive to His voice that even a little whisper of caution is enough to cause us to ask, “What are You saying here, Lord?” The minute we sense Him directing us to change what we are doing or the choices we should make, we should promptly obey Him because He knows best.

If we sense a lack of peace concerning something we are doing, we should stop and seek God for His direction and His will.

One of my favorite scriptures that has helped me through so much is Proverbs 3:5-6.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

 Acknowledging God simply means having enough respect for Him, that we love Him enough to care what He thinks of our every move.

 His ways are always perfect, not ours.

We must seek His will in our everday lives and be able to
discern and listen to that still small voice which will
 lead us and guide us in the right direction.


 Care more about what God thinks than anything else.

It is my prayer that if you turn to God in prayer and express your feelings and concerns to Him, He will direct you, answer your prayers and gently guide you in the right direction.

 Seek His will.

 Seek His grace.

Seek His infinite love.

Seek Him first and everything else will fall into place.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this. So often, especially in the midst of my sin, I think of GOD as an angry or disappointed Father. But the reality is - HE is more often kind, gentle and patient than HE is angry. Thank you for the sweet reminder of HIS true character.

 
At March 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love post dear kisses

 
At March 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Brittany T. said...

awhh i love this post! What you wrote was such a gentle reminder, but needed reminded that God is there for me and is and has always been a gentle sheperd to me!

 
At March 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That last sentence. So darn true!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home