Monday, March 11, 2013

5 Things


I was tagged by my friend Kerri to write this post.



I guess "5 things" is hitting the blogging world now!



I got to tell you guys that I have been putting off writing this post
because I have been taking the time to really think about 5 things
interesting things that maybe you dont know about me.



This is a lot harder than you think people!



You better watch out..I might just tag YOU and then you will see!



Here goes nothing....




#1
I don't have a good voice at all but I LOVE to sing! I sing anything and anywhere!
I sing in the shower, in the car (I get weird looks and laughs from other drivers..I don't care)
I am always singing at home too. Josh loves it, but sometimes I will sing the same song over and over and over again and only sing the words that I know, like the first two verses...
umm yeah he's not a fan of that! This morning at work, I caught myself singing..


O when the Saints go marching in
When the Saints go marching in
O Lord, I want to be in that number
When the Saints go marching in

I know...I know...go ahead and laugh





#2
If you haven't guessed yet..

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormon)
I was baptized December 18th, 2009


Holy cow! It's already been more than 3 years!

As I look back on the past 3 years I am just amazed at where I am in m life, the things I am doing and the person I am continually becoming. I never thought I could be this happy and be so pumped up about life. I am speechlessly grateful that we have a Father in Heaven that knows us and  loves us so so much and is there just to give us the BEST there is.
  
I am incredibly grateful things did not go the way that I had in mind, because things have been profoundly better.  Life is hard. Real hard some times. Sometimes it just down right sucks! But there is plan..a wonderful plan! I have been doing things I could of never thought I could do or never could have dreamed of! There are so many times that I think I know what I want or what's best for my life and I try to take control sometimes, but His way is always better all the time. He knows what I need. He knows the desires of my heart.


 It's all because of Him. 

Him who gives me strength.
Him who gives me hope.
Him who keeps me going each day.
Him who loves me with an infinite love.

Him who I love with all the energy of my heart and soul!


Take pride in who you are. 
 
You have God as your Father. 

You are great.

 And you will do great things. 

Learn more about what I believe HERE



#3
I want kids.
Like alot of kids.
4 or 5 is my heart's desire..
We will see how many 
Heavenly Father
wants to bless us with.
I will be okay with whatever.
His will...His way!


I come from a very small family
and have always dreamed of having a large family.



Josh's family is one of the HUGE families as you can see below.
I love it! So much love to go around. It's pure awesomeness!



Plus Mormon's have big families right?
Not necessarily..it just depends. 
Some of his Brothers and Sisters have just 1 child, some 3, some 4 and some 5.
We actually just added two more little girls to the family (Kennedy & Emma)
They were adopted and came from a really bad family of physical and mental abuse.


Heavenly Father's hand was all over that situation and so many things fell into place 
to make them apart of our family. He is so good!




#4
I play the violin.
Well...let me rephrase that...
I am getting back into playing the violin.
I started playing when I was 5 up until I was 14 years old.
I stop playing. My Nana was disappointed.
"Why did you stop...you were so good at it!"
I guess it just wasn't my "thing" anymore.
I told Josh I wanted to start playing again.
Just a couple of months ago, we were driving
to go get lunch (or at least that is what I thought)
Josh pulled into this place that looked like a music 
store. We walked in and he told me to select the violin I wanted.
I was smiling from ear to ear and just gave him an enormous hug!
Awwwww.....so sweet....I know. He's the best!!



#5

Three letters...can you guess what it is?
Okay...I will give you a hint.
The first letter starts with an "O"
Got an idea??


Oh..you give up?

OCD

I love organization, cleanliness and everything in it's place..
but I just go to the extreme sometimes. I'm not ashamed to admit it!


Hey..we all have our weird quirks right??


Phew! Glad that is over.
I can't believe it took me that long to come up with 5 things.



Now I tag and challenge:

*Marsa from The DayLee Journal

*Kelsey from Stories of Kel

*TJ from His Little Lady


Natalie from Nat The Fat Rat


Tag! Your it!


 



Labels:

8 Comments:

At March 12, 2013 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Amy said...

My dad's side of the family are Mormon. My grandparents have 7 kids and 49 grandkids/great grandkids. You're right on with the big family thing!

 
At March 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Marsa said...

i didn't know that you're a recent convert!

that's awesome :)

-marsa
The DayLee Journal

 
At March 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know you got baptized not long ago! I was baptized in 2006! Seems ancient :)

 
At March 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Kelsey Eaton said...

That is so neat that you are a recent convert!! So excited to take on this little challenge. Now I just need to think of 5 things...why is this so hard??? haha

 
At March 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Oh wow! That is awesome!
I guess I am!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yup! So glad to be a "Mormon"!
Thanks Marsa!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yup!
Yay! I would love to hear your story sometime of how you found out about the church and why you decided to get baptized. Too bad we didn't live close...I would totally meet up with you!

 
At March 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks Kelsey. I am the happiest I have ever been!
Can't wait to read your post of your 5 things! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home