Monday, December 8, 2014

I Am a Mormon Monday: Meet Ashley


My name is Ashley and I blog over at The Power of One Girl (link). I have competed in nine different pageants and never took the crown, it was after the last pageant that I realized I was never meant to win, it was all about the journey. After trying to please and impress judge after judge, I came to the realization that Christ was the only one I ever need to please. Now I'm making it my life mission to empower girls to have strong self esteem through being comfortable in their own skin as they get on the journey to draw closer to Christ. I love speaking to young women groups about this message as well as writing down my life lessons and adventures. I am a Mormon because this gospel brings me a sense of peace and hope that can't be imitated. I am forever changed day by day through this gospel.

How do you live your faith?
I live my faith by striving to focus on my Savior daily. Christ-like attributes are something I strive to live my life around. The more I focus on humility and integrity, two attributes Jesus Christ was perfect at, the more my I draw closer to Christ and my confidence grows. As I devote my life to the will of my Heavenly Father, I find a greater sense of peace and happiness that can't be found anywhere else in this world. Making my faith part of my every thought, every word, every action, and every aspiration is what draws me closer to my Savior and builds a greater strength in my life that I would be lost without. 

What is hope to you?
Hope to me is believing things will get better and work out when you are at your lowest point. Hope is moving forward and always believing there is room for self improvement. Hope is the desire and expectation that promised blessings will come. Hope is the belief that Christ is always there and He will carry you through the difficult times in your life.

I hope to get married and become a mother. I hope to make an impact on teen girls and the way they feel about who they are and what they look like. I hope to make every day of my life a day for self improvement and becoming my absolute best self. I hope for success, happiness, love, and many opportunities to give of myself and serve others.



Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love her style! Thanks for this post!
xx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home