Wednesday, September 3, 2014

What We Wore Wednesday

September 3rd. Today is my Dad's birthday. It's been 47 days (to be exact) since my Dad left this earth to go live with Heavenly Father. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about him and miss him dearly. I know in my heart that he is always nearby. As today was approaching, I wondered how difficult it would be celebrating my Dad's birthday without him here. But this morning as I got out of bed and looked at the picture of my Dad on my nightstand...I felt love, peace, comfort, and joy. The only type of love, peace, comfort and joy that He can offer. True, pure and indescribable. I am so grateful for Him. I don't know what I would do without Him and I don't ever want to have to think about that.

Last night, Josh, E and I were laying in our bed cuddling and reading books together. All of the sudden, sadness came over E's face as she bowed her head and had this pouty look.

Me: "What's wrong honey?"

E: "I miss my Grandpa...I want him."

(I pushed her little body closer to mine and hugged her tightly)

Me: "I know honey. Grandpa is in Heaven. You will see him again. I promise you that. You know you can always talk to Grandpa and tell him how much you love him and miss him right?"

Within seconds, E stood up on our bed, tilted her head back looking to the ceiling and said "Grandpa? Grandpa? Can you hear me? Are you listening? I miss you Grandpa. I love you so much Grandpa. I will see you soon! Thank you Jesus. I love you.

My heart melted at that very moment and a tears fell down my face. 



 


 

(me) dress: down east  // belt: gift // shoes thrifted // earrings: thrifted // bracelet: TJ Maxx // watch: Target
(e) top: thrifted // leggings: thrifted // shoes: gift

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 4, 2014 at 8:15 AM , Anonymous Crystelle said...

Your daughter is so sweet. I love children's innocent faith. It is inspiring to us adults.. You and you daughter look great on your father's birthday! :)
xox, Crystelle
CrystelleBoutique

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home