Thursday, March 21, 2013

Abundant Life Blog Hop


Guess what guys?!?!
It's Thursday! It's time for the Abundant Life Blog Hop!

This week has been a crazy one.

I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday!

I'm ready for the weekend...how about you?

Today I am going to be sharing a recipe that is so yummy and healthy.
You will love it! I found this recipe HERE

I think I have tried Couscous once before but totally forgot what it tasted like.

So I decided to give it another go and try this recipe.

I have been having so much fun trying
all these different recipes. I love food!


Southwest Couscous Salad with Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
1 1/2 c water
1/2 tsp salt
1 c uncooked couscous
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1/2 c red onion
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 c fresh cilantro, minced

Chipolte Lime Vinaigrette

4 1/2 tbsp olive oil
4 1/2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp adobo sauce (from canned chipotle chilies)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp toasted cumin seed, crushed
3/4 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp sugar

Bring water and salt to a boil. Add couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes, until all moisture is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Cool. Add beans, jalapeno, red onion, and tomato. In food processor, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Process until well combined. Add to mixing bowl, and stir well. Stir in fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!


________________________________________________________

Check back every Thursday to link-up with Rubi and I! 
Here are a few ideas of what you can share on your posts:
What is motivating you to be healthier?
What do you do to stay healthy?
Have you tried a new plant-based meal lately? Share the recipe!
Workout tips & tricks
Anything new you've learned about living a healthy lifestyle

Rules:
-Follow your hosts Rubi & Kimberly
-Link-up your post NOT your blog
-Comment and tell us what you think!
-Copy this button to your blog post 
so others can join the movement too! 






Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 21, 2013 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Rubi Ruiz said...

This looks so delicious Kimberly!!! I've been experimenting with couscous lately and I love it! So many different ways to use it and so good! :) I will definitely be trying this soon! :)

 
At March 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Lala said...

yummy! got to try it!
Delightful Ideas

Target Giftcard Giveaway



 
At March 21, 2013 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Caravan Sonnet said...

I am excited to try this recipie! :) I definitely feel like it is one that could be played around with and used in so many different ways! The link that I put up this week is also a veggie recipe! :) Thanks again for this great idea!
:) Rebecca

 
At March 21, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Blogger LeeLee said...

Yumm. I can't wait to make this recipe.

 
At March 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Richelle Lynn Garn said...

I make dishes like this ALL THE TIME! And I love them! I'll need to try one with black beans. Delicousness!

Love, Richelle from Lynn + Lou

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home