Monday, January 7, 2013

I Am a Mormon Monday


About Me: 
 My name is Cassidy and I am a blogger at Things Like Skeleton Keys. I am a 27 year old girl from Alabama who still loves to play dress up and daydream. I have a little boy with blond curly hair and the sweetest spirit. I have a husband who makes me laugh and is patient and kind. I am friendly, emotional, strong, and artistic. I love strawberries and dark chocolate.

I have been Mormon my whole life, and having the gospel in my life has shaped me into the woman I am today.  Although I've always felt different than many of my peers, I learned that the key to my happiness was staying true to myself.  The knowledge of the peace I could obtain from staying true to myself and what I knew to be true was a lesson learned through many years of trial and error.  I understood the gospel at an early age, and felt confident in my beliefs.  Whenever I found myself straying from the gospel, I found myself unhappy.  I don't know if has to do with personal integrity, or an overbearingly persistent cricket on my shoulder, but I could never be truly happy unless I was doing what was right by following the Gospel, and to me it has always been that simple!    

I believe we all have the responsibility to love one another, and to help one another, and I find it my personal mission to make this world more lovely and magical for the people around me.  I don't like scary movies, I don't like to see other people hurt, and I love to laugh.  And from my favorite article of faith, if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or or good report or praiseworthy, I seek after these things!

I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me, who knows me.  I am thankful for prayer and the peace it brings to my life.  Most of all I am thankful that my family can be together forever.  

What is Hope? What do You Hope For?
To me, hope is the spark inside you that keeps your spirit living day to day, making you work for something, strive for something, daydream for something.  Hope can lift you from despair and make you try harder for goals.  If we didn't hope for anything, we wouldn't have a burning inside of us to do better day by day.

I hope my child has a happy childhood and knows he is loved.  I hope my marriage never loses the tender love that makes us one.  I constantly hope for health and happiness for my family.  I hope that one day I will go to a ball.  Hope is the love of a dream.  

How I live My Faith:
I live my faith by trying to be an example of Jesus Christ.  I live my faith by trying to become a better person everyday.  I live my faith by following the commandments everyday.  I live my faith by serving my family.   I live my faith by attending church meetings and doing what I can to serve there.  When you live your faith, pray daily, consider every decision, you make less mistakes, and when you do make a mistake, you find it easier to heal with the help of the Gospel.  

I am happy with who I am and who I have become, and will always be happy to say, I am a Mormon!  


Thank you Kimberly for this great opportunity share about how much my faith means to me!!
 
 
 
 
Interested in being apart of I Am a Mormon Monday?
 
Contact me @
bostonksox@gmail.com



FYI...Make sure to stop back tomorrow for the
biggest GIVEAWAY of 2013 with a HUGE list of prizes to win.
I am giving away a large ad space ;)

also... you guys HAVE to read this blog post. I really needed this today!

http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

I love this! (being Mormon myself) we need more inspiring Mormon bloggers :) she is soo cute!!
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

 
At January 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

oh and p.s.! I went to follow you back and discovered I was already following! I knew I liked your blog! ;) haha
-Jessi
haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

 
At January 7, 2013 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you so much! I would love to feature you!
If interested shoot me an email! bostonksox@gmail.com

 
At January 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Dearest Lou said...

what a fun idea for a series, love it!

(:

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home