Monday, December 31, 2012

I Am a Mormon Monday


About Me
My name is Bekah Wagner and I blog over at A Mile in her Shoes. I'm a 21 (soon to be 22) year old girl who digs musicals, handmade treasures, and . I'm a girl who still believes in love at first sight. 


I love my family, 

friends, 
and a young man named Alex Baronins.

I've been a Mormon my entire life, and have always had a testimony of it's truth, but it wasn't until 2 years ago that I became truly converted to the gospel. I never realized how much of a difference true conversion brings to one's life, until the year 2010.

During my second year at University I hit a rough patch. I wasn't motivated in anything, dreaded going to school, and just felt extremely down about everything!! After much prayer and conversations with my parents I decided to take the following year off school. I felt like a failure. I was my own "bully". I thought I was stupid, good for nothing, and was never going to go anywhere in my life.

I had an entire year away from school. I was able to take the time to work on things that needed improving, and my testimony was one of those things. I didn't realize, but I was slowly loosing pieces of my testimony simply because I wasn't taking the time to actively work on it. You see a testimony is like an escalator moving down. If you don't make any movement, you go down. If you simply walk in place, you don't go anywhere. But if you want to get to the top you have to make the added effort to move.

 And I decided that I was ready to make that effort.

It is hard to be willing to change (especially when you are as stubborn as I am), but everything is possible with the help of our Saviour.

There have been things in my life that have made me happy, but the only thing on this earth that can give us true joy is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

What is hope and what do you hope for?
Faith and hope go completely hand in hand. For me hope is doing everything I can, in the best way that I can, and knowing that Jesus Christ will make up all the difference. 2010/2011 was an extremely difficult year for me. If it wasn't for hope, I wouldn't have been able to make it through.
I have hope that my desires will be fulfilled, that my prayers will be answered and that .

How I live my Faith
Growing up, everyone knew I was Mormon. I went to a Catholic high school (along a few other youth from my ward). If people asked questions I would answer, but I would never go out of my way to talk about the Gospel. Missionary work always terrified me. I never considered myself to be a good "member missionary". In all honesty I thought I was a terrible missionary. And then something very small yet incredible happened. On my 18th birthday, one of my best friends wrote in my card:
"I don't think you realize how much we all look up to you Bekah. Of all the girls in our group, you're the only that hasn't changed. You've never lowered standards for anyone. You are such an example to me."

Such a little note, meant so much to me. I've never did anything or acted in a certain way because I was being watched. I did it because I knew it was right. I live my faith by simply living my faith.

Anything can seem daunting, but taking things step by step, day by day, being consistent, and working on things that need to be improved or changed is the key.

I love the gospel. I have never doubted it's truth. Yes I have had questions, and yes I have gone through some extremely difficult trials, but it is all worth it. I can not wait for the day when I am reunited with my Father in Heaven and for him to say "Welcome home."

Thank you so much Kim for giving me the opportunity to share my testimony :)

Bekah


Want to participate??
Contact me at bostonksox@gmail.com

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 31, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Feliz año 2013 que tengas una feliz salida y mejor entrada un besazo enormeeeeeeeeeeeeee
!!gran post!!

 
At December 31, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your testimony!

 
At December 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Gentri said...

What an awesome series. :) I love this. Happy New Year!

 
At January 7, 2013 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Jen Reil said...

You are a beautiful example Bekah!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home