Friday, January 4, 2013

Fridays Letters Link Up & a Poem




Dear God
Thank you for allowing certain things to
happen to conform me more into the
image of thy son Jesus Christ and to
bring all the glory to you.

Dear Ann Voskamp
You are truly amazing.
I love your blog so so much!

Dear Kerrin
I am so very grateful for you
and our friendship. You are an
amazing daughther of God and
I am so happy that our paths
have crossed.

Dear Husband
I cannot begin to explain
how very blessed I am to have you.
I thank God for you each and every day.



Within the New Year in full swing, I have been focusing more on gratitude and
making time to write in my gratitude journal every night the things that I was grateful for that day.
After recording my thoughts in my gratitude journal last night I happened to pick up the Ensign
and came across this poem written by Sharon Steele in Utah.


On Gratitude

In a certain village, on a certain day,
ten lepers stood far off
and lifted up their voices unto Christ:
“Have mercy on us, Master, please,
take our infirmities away.”
And it was done. According to the grace
of the Savior, Father’s Son,
they showed themselves unto the priest
and were cleansed.
And one of them, on finding he was whole,
paused moments on a grassy knoll,
turned his back
upon the path he would have trod,
and fell upon his face in praise of God.
But of the other nine, no word of thanks
escaped their tongues;
no hymns of praise were sung.
Too busy in their haste
to get on with their lives—
to publish joyous tidings
to their children and their wives—
perhaps without intending to be rude,
they overlooked the sacrament of thanks
and lost the sacred blessing bought
by showing gratitude.
Oh, that I might
from this parable be taught
and practice well the part
of living with an ever-grateful heart.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwe thank you for the note!!! So glad you are in my life. :D

 
At January 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you write letters on Fridays! That's so fun!

 
At January 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love Anne Voskamp! She is so inspiring...

 
At January 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are so very welcome friend!
Right back atcha!!

 
At January 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks Meg! You should starting writing some yourself and come and link up!! Hope you are having a blessed Saturday!

 
At January 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I never heard of her until a coworker/friend at work mentioned her.
She is amazing...love her blog.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home