Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Needed To Hear This Today.



Taking It Slow

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.] —John 14:27

Hurrying affects our spiritual life. Jesus wasn’t in a hurry. We can’t even picture Him jumping up and saying to His disciples, “Come on, boys, get up. Up, up, up, up! Get this camp meeting cleaned up. Come on, we have to get to the next town. We have some preaching to do. Get the camels packed up, boys. Let’s go, let’s go!”

When we think about Jesus, we picture peace. He went slow enough to hear from God all day long. We should set our pace with His today.


It's really amazing how God speaks to us and answers our prayers. I came across this Daily Devotional and it was exactly what I needed to hear and be reminded of.

We must not labor and do more than we have strength for. We must focus on the things that matter most and put the rest to the side.

I am SO guilty of NOT taking things slow. I am the type of person who loves to have a full plate and fills every inch of my schedule with a list of "to-do's"

Lately I have come to the realization that I cannot do it ALL...

What matters most is God, my husband and my family...

Taking the time to laugh, learn & experience new things, go new places...

These are the things that matter most....

These are the things that need to fill up every inch of my schedule...


What do you need to focus on?

What are some of the things that you need to cut out of your life?

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Great post!! I find myself doing the same - and I am guilty of wanting what I want at that moment -- As a newlywed, I feel like our next step should be a baby or buy a house and I find myself obsessing over it. I need to relax - and live life day to day and just enjoy the journey my husband and I are only beginning.

Thank You for such an inspirational post! Happy Weekend!

xo, Laura

 
At March 18, 2012 at 4:24 AM , Blogger memory said...

I agree, slow moments are the best moments. It's how life is truly lived.

I'm your newest friend and so honored to be here!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

 
At March 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Manda said...

Just found your blog- thanks for this post! :)

 
At March 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Gaby de Modacapital said...

I like the pic, is beautiful! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home