Saturday, March 3, 2012

March Sponsor Spotlight

Meet my lovely Sponsors......



  Blog
  
Describe Your Blog In 3 words: 

Creative, Genuine & Hospitality



What Is Your Favorite Scripture? Why?

Currently it is Nehemiah 4: 18 And each of the builders had his sword strapped at his side while he built. The man who sounded the trumpet was beside me.


Why? Because I am studying Nehemiah right now and I have read verse after verse about everyone in Judah working extremely hard rebuilding the wall while staying alert for attacks, but the trumpeter just stands close by. I imagine that would be hard to watch everyone work so hard and have the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing. But God had a specific purpose for that Trumpeter despite not being in the thick of the work. I am in a phase of life where I am not in the thick of the battle and my purpose has temporarily changed, so that verse reminds me that God has a purpose for even the "trumpeter"!


P.S. Her birthday is this Sunday so wish her an Happy Birthday!!






 Blog



Describe Your Blog In 3 Words:


My blog definited in 3 words: Faithfilled, Unique and Inspiring!


What Is Your Favorite Scripture? Why?

One of my favorite pieces of scripture is: Ecclessiastes 3:1-14: "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time weep and a time to laugh, a time mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time refrain, a time search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also said eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from  beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God. I know that everything that God does will endure for ever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere."


I love these verses because they are such a great reminder that everything happens in its own time. Everything happens for a reason. And God makes everything. Nothing can be added to it or taken away from it. God is in control of everything. For my life these verses have impacted me in such a strong way... it is such a great reminder that I don't have to understand life 24/7 but instead I just have to trust that God is BIG ENOUGH and POWERFUL ENOUGH and is in control of every facet of my life. Another words, I just have to surrender my life to Him and give up that control. Let me tell you something... yes these verses may be a little dark to some but man oh man when you truly see the meaning behind them that God has a plan, purpose and perspective that only He can full fill in this earthly world how in awe of Him you will be. Believe God. Surrender up control. And ask God to work on your heart and in your life. You will be amazed!




Describe Your Blog In 3 Words:

Fashion, Food, & Love.

What Is Your Favorite Scripture? Why?

-Mosiah 3:41

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness."
I love this scripture because it basically just says that if we obey God we will be happy. It's so simple and so worth it.

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM , Anonymous jennifer blair said...

I LOVE that you include their favorite scripture. So neat.

 
At March 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This came out beautifully! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home