Thursday, November 14, 2013

Courage.

.
”Being brave does not mean I am not afraid.  Being brave means acting in faith.”  I know that many of you out there are struggling, including myself, having a really hard time dealing with all the trials and burdens that are placed upon your back.  I pray that you will each find the bravery you need to have the faith in the Lord to sustain you.

I repeatedly have been comforted and directed by many scriptures,  but there is one section of the Book of Mormon that absolutely has been my joy to refer to in time of need and to share with others who are hurting, weeping, distraught, bewildered, and weary. It is found in Mosiah 24 when the children of God cried out because their afflictions were so great and Amulon put guards over the people to watch them so that anyone found calling upon God to help them would be put to death. The account tells us that the people didn't raise their voices to the Lord their God. Instead they poured out their hearts to God, and he knew the thoughts of their hearts.

“And the voice of the Lord came to them in their terrible times, and they heard his voice, telling them to be of good comfort and to lift up their heads for he was mindful of them."

‘And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. And…the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.’ (Mosiah 24:14-15)

Adversity? Who needs it? Everyone, because adversity well handled is really blessings in disguise

Read the book of Esther

post signature

Labels: , , , , , ,