Monday, November 4, 2013

I Am a Mormon Monday: Meet Holly

Blog // Pinterest

About Me:
I was born and raised in Vegas. I met a cute boy in high school and after he served an LDS mission and I graduated from BYU, we got hitched! We now have one girl, one boy, and a big yellow dog. My husband is a fire fighter and I am a stay-at-home-mama (a job I love love love… and sometimes wish I could run away from). J
I love to read, I’m a total introvert, I kind of have issues with germs, and jello seriously freaks me out. I have worked as a writer and a teacher and the only thing I ever use my kitchen for is to bake chocolate chip cookies. I’m into interior design, yoga, family history, and cleaning out my closet is one of my favorite things to do.
I have been writing a “family blog” for over 5 years now where I post pictures and info about our kids and include lots of my personal writing, but I just started a “fashion blog” last month. I just love clothes and shoes and jewelry! I think it is so fun to put together cute, modest outfits without spending a lot of money. My mama always said: “It’s about the look, not the price!” If you’re looking for outfit inspiration, check me out... 

What is hope and what do you hope for?
After Jeffrey R. Holland gave his fantastic address in LDS General Conference in April 2013, I adopted his words of “Hope On!” as my motto for the rest of the year. This year has been full of ups and downs for me, but having his voice in my head reminding me that there is good ahead and to “hope on and journey on” has brought me a lot of strength. I have so many blessings and even though it is easy to let challenges (and sometimes just the daily grind) get me down, I have to remember that there are always good things to hope for and work towards. Hope on!

How I live my faith:
I think the best way to live my faith is to stand strong in what I know to be right no matter how unpopular it may be. The world is always changing… many believe that morality is old-fashioned and that there is no “right” and “wrong.” As Christians, we should always be kind to those around us and seek out ways to serve others, but we cannot allow the world to lead us away from what we know is right. We have to teach our children to follow Christ and to stand as good examples even when it is hard. Faith requires action.
 Thank you so much for having me Kimberly!!

................................................................................................................................................................

If you are interested in being featured on Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl for I Am a Mormon Monday, please feel free to contact me and I will give you all the details. Right now I am booked through February 2014,  but would still LOVE to add you to the list! 
 
Email: bostonksox@gmail.com

 
 
post signature

Labels: , , ,