Thursday, September 19, 2013

What I Made Thursday Link Up: BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza

I have been on a cooking & baking kick lately. I love finding new recipes! I specifically look for recipes that are cheap, easy, taste good and sometimes consist of ingredients that I already have in my kitchen. Yesterday I came across Nikki's blog and saw this recipe for french bread pizza. If there is one thing Josh and I love, it's pizza!! Who doesn't?!?! Most of the ingredients I already had at home. The only thing I had to buy was a loaf of french bread (on SALE @ Alberstons for $0.99), mozzarella cheese, and cilantro. The prep time for this recipe was literally about 10 minutes and bake time is only 15 minutes. This is a recipe that is cheap, easy, so tasty and can be made in no more than 20 minutes!


Yield: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins

Ingredients: 
* 1 (1 lb.) loaf french bread

*1 (18 oz.) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (we love Sweet Baby Rays)

*2 cups cooked and shredded chicken

*1/3 cup chopped red onion

*3-4 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro

*2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions:
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees

*Cut french bread load in half lengthwise

*Pour half of the BBQ sauce on the top of one half of the french bread loaf and pour the other half of     BBQ sauce on the second half of the french bread loaf.

*Evenly distribute 1 cup of shredded chicken onto each french bread half

*Evenly sprinkle chopped onion between the two french bread halves

*Evenly sprinkle cilantro over the tops of both halves of french bread

*Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of mozarella cheese onto each of the french bread halves

*Place french bread pizzas on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until cheese is           melted and pizza is heated all the way through.

















 



Have a recipe or craft that you have made? 
Email them my way and I will feature them on my blog!!
Email: bostonksox@gmail.com

-KIMBERLY-

Labels: , , , , , ,