Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SOMETHING UNEXPECTED









Dress: Ross // Sunglasses: Unionbay // Clutch: Thrifted // Bracelet: Juicy Couture



It would be an understatement to say that last couple of weeks have been filled with lots of emotions. It has been very surreal to say the least.


I have been pondering something a lot lately...."waiting" on God.

The children of Israel waited 40 years in the wilderness before they could enter the promised land. Jacob waited 7 long years for Rachel. The Jews waited 70 years in Babylon before they could return to rebuild the temple. 

 Heavenly Father had a purpose in requiring that His children wait.



Every one of us are called to wait in our own way. We wait for answers to our prayers. We wait for things which at the time may appear so right and so good to us that we can’t possibly imagine why Heavenly Father would delay the answer.


I remember two Sunday's ago at church I was
praying about my strong desire to become a Mother.

As I was praying I felt that the Lord was telling me 
to wait just a little longer and be patient with Him.....that something great was coming.

Just as I said that prayer, the second speaker got up to give a talk on patience 
and referenced this talk by President Uchtdorf " Continue in Patience"

I felt my Heavenly Father's love and tears came to my eyes.

Every Sunday his entire family gets together for dinner 
(all 42 of us...yeah you heard that right...42)
It's a blast! One family brings the main dish 
and all the others bring the drinks, desserts and sides.



Well that same Sunday as we arrived,

I sat down and my Mother-in-Law came to approach me.

  She looked at me and started talking to me out of the blue about foster care. I don't why she said what she said or didn't have any clue why she was talking to me about foster care but I just listened to what she had to say.



All I know is the overwhelming feeling of the Spirit that I felt. I felt exactly the 

same way when my Sister-In-Law Kathy  adopted 2 little girls a few months ago. 
I remember the feeling that I felt when I met these two little girls for the very first time and hugged them. I fell instantly in love with them.



On the way home I told Josh what his Mom talked to me about. 

I couldn't contain my emotions as the words tried to come from my mouth.



Without hesitation he looked at me and said "Let's do it...why not?"



I was shocked, emotional and excited all at the same time!



We called his Mom immediately to see what

 steps we needed to take to start the process.



She told us who we should contact then said...



 "I love you guys so much. I have been thinking and 

praying about you two these last couple of weeks.
I really don't know why I said what I said, 
 I just felt like I had to said it"



That next day on my way to work I prayed that if this was His will

that He would lead us and guide us in the right direction.



When I was researching all the different foster care websites

(there are soooo many) He lead to the following scriptures 
that put strong imprints on my heart.

* James 1:27

* Luke 10:2

* Psalm 68:6



I told my good friend Jessica the news also and she was beyond ecstatic for us.


She then told me that her friend in Utah that she has known since 8
has two little girls of her own and is a foster mom. She text her friend 
to let her know to contact me asap to give me some more information.



Within 20 minutes, I got a heartfelt email from her friend explaining

how God lead her to become a foster parent and the steps she had to take.
We emailed all throughout the morning as she gave me tips, tricks and advice.



When I got home from work, I was laying down reading when Josh 

crawled into bed. I told him what had happened at work and his comment was " that's awesome"



He looked at me with a little smirk on his face and said 



Josh: "I put in an application today"



Me: "Wait! What? Are you serious?!?"



Josh: "Yes I'm serious silly. She responded to me this afternoon and

we are going to attend an orientation on June 10th at 5:30 here in Phoenix"



I didn't have any words to speak. I felt as if my lips were numb and wouldn't move.



All I could do was hug him and kiss his face all over.



Wow! This is really happening!!



I still feel like this is just a dream and I am going to be waking up soon....

but in reality I want to continue this dream .......to continue this journey and path 
that Heavenly Father is leading us on!


I really feel like this is what the Lord is calling us to do right now.... whether it be temporary or whether it be that I may not be able to get pregnant and I am supposed to foster. Maybe both!! That would be entirely awesome and I would love that!! That would mean that the one thing I prayed for, He would be blessing us beyond measure with something even better than I could of ever imagined!! I believe that when you feel God pointing you in a certain direction and everything about that direction feels good, you just go....do it and trust in Him. I didn't know that this would ever be a possibility for us but since God has put this desire so strongly in our hearts, we are just going to press forward with faith and not turn our backs.


I don't know....


I don't know how this is all going to play out...



I don't know how long the process will take...



I don't know how much it will cost...



I don't know if maybe I am just called to be a foster/adoptive mother

or if I am supposed to have kids of my own...maybe both!!!

I don't know if we can afford financially to do this....



I don't know if we are staying in our house or moving to a bigger home....


My mind has been racing with these questions among a thousand others!



But you know what it all boils down to for me... TRUST & FAITH.



Trusting in God's perfect plan and timing and having unshakable 

faith that everything will work out just that way that He wants it to.



 Each child is a son or daughter of God and deserves all the love and more that we will be able to share with them. I want us to be a calm in the storm of their often chaotic lives. I want our home to be a refuge and a sanctuary from the world for them. I want to be able to give them everything they need and so much more. LOVE. All I want to do is show them all the love that my heart can possibly give to them. 



The Savior teaches us to be His hands and to serve one another in love. I am grateful for this opportunity and journey that He is leading us on and I am so excited to see where He takes us and what He has in store. With God anything is possible to those that believe.

 Leaving it all in His hands!



I hope that you will follow us on this exciting journey.....



Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At May 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Yay! That is exciting, and scary, I'm sure!
It took me 9 months to get pregnant with my first, and 8 months with my second. So I bet it will happen for you anytime! ;)

 
At May 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Rissi said...

Sounds exciting and scary (the good kind!) all at once! We're glad you shared where you are in this journey. Best of luck to you both, Kimberly. :)

 
At May 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thank you Kate for the kind words of encouragement!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Rissi!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ok this post made me cry! Just the way that GOD so tenderly reminded you that HE was working everything out for you whom HE loves so much; the faith you had in HIM - that no matter how long it took, you know HE'll do as HE promises; it's so refreshing to read. Great reminders of HIS faithfulness. Check out: www.bexadiary.com - the blog of an amazing woman who has been walking the same journey you have. I think it will bring a whole lot of encouragement, faith and excitement your way. Hugs and Kisses. You are in my prayers. xoxoxo

 
At May 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Bree! I am trusting in Him so much right now with all this and it feels so good. I don't have to worry about anything because I know He has it all figured out already. I feel so much peace and comfort about all the many things that are happening right now. If this is God's will and something God is calling us to do, we are going to try and work towards it and if God doesn't want us to do this, He will close the door, and I will have my answer. So far things are all falling into place! I know that sometimes God just wants to see if we will be obedient to Him and trust Him.

I love her blog. I read it all the time!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

Wow, your amazing! My brother did foster care and was able to adopt both children they fostered! Good Luck!
-Shannon
Stylewithshannon.com

 
At May 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Shannon,
Thank you so much for your comment. That is so awesome! Do you know how long did the process took? I have such a huge passion for children and helping people so this might be the best of both worlds. We will see..we are just going to take it step by step and see what happens.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home