Tuesday, June 25, 2013

COOKING WITH KIMBERLY AND PAOLA: WATERMELON SMOOTHIE TO DIE FOR





This is Paola's recipe. Funny thing is, when she told me it was a watermelon smoothie, I told her I don't like watermelon. I know.... I know!! Everyone like watermelon right?!?! Well I have to tell you that when I tried THIS smoothie, I finished it within minutes and then asked if I could have another!

INGREDIENTS



Serving: 10 glasses

  • 1 Watermelon - Make sure it is ripe and sweet 
  • 1/2 of a small lime
  • 1 bag of Frozen strawberries - I love the Kirkland brand from Costco
  • Agave

This beverage is packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6,
Vitamin B1, Lycopene, Potassium, Folate, Fiber and antioxidants. 

 
PREPARATION





Now start adding your frozen straberries and make sure you put on the lid on your blender. 
Otherwise you will have watermelon all over your walls! 



Note: Sometimes the frozen strawberries are a little sour and not ripe. You can always add some Agave to the smoothie while blending it. Add agave to taste. The frozen strawberries at Costco are super sweet and then you never have to add any sugar to your smoothie.




Now sqeeze and add your lime juice and keep on blending! 




Dont you love the color of this drink? It literally smells like candy!


Paola made quite the feast! She made some yummy white rice with cilantro, onion and garlic.
Some super sweet platains with some melted cheese and guava paste coated over the top, and some chicken (Pollo sudado) with casava or "Yuca" and a side salad! 

  


Everyone gave a big thumbs up to this lovely meal.

Even little Logan looks happy and loves his mama's cooking.





 





Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At June 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks so delish, and is perrrfect for summer!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Yummy! I love watermelon! I think I need to give these a go soon! Thanks for sharing!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Amber said...

My mouth is watering. I must try this!

 
At June 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Ashley Elizabeth said...

That drink looks delish!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home