Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 18: CHILDHOOD STORY

Day 18, Saturday: 
Tell a story from your childhood.
 Dig deep and try to be descriptive about 
what you remember and how you felt.


(PF Chang's Scottsdale 2009-right when I first moved here)

(Batting cages in Oregon 2007)


Hmmmm....there are lots of stories that I could tell. The list goes on and on.

I think I will go with this one.......

This happened when I was 9 and my brother was 6.

We were living in Blackstone, MA

Still to this day I miss the house we lived in. It was custom built and sat on 9 acres.

My Dad, being the handy man he is, built a 
MASSIVE in ground pool with a deck all around it.

It didn't take my Dad too long until the pool was finally ready to use.

The only part that was missing was the cover that had to go over the 
huge pool pump which was a few feet underneath where the pool was.

One day my brother and I were swimming and playing games in the pool.

My Mom was laying out by the pool watching us.

My brother told her that he was really thirsty.

Mom: "Kimberly will you please watch your brother
while I go inside and get you two something to drink?"

Me: Sure Mom!

As my Mom went inside to get drinks, I was watching my brother's every move.

I decided it would be fun to swim from one end of the pool to the other.

I started from one end, going underneath the water and coming back up kicking my feet.

One I got to the end of the pool, I came up from underneath the water, and wiped my eyes.

I heard loud crying. I looked around and didn't see my brother!!

I quickly followed where the crying was coming from. 

"Kevin!! Kevin!!" I yelled.

I jumped out of the pool onto the deck to find my brother in the deep hold where the pump was.

I saw a lot of blood and immediately started screaming and crying.

I ran towards the house to get my Mom.

I opened the door to the kitchen.

"Mom! Mom! Kevin is really hurt"

My Mom dropped what was in her hands and frantically ran 
towards the pool to see blood all over my brother's head.

When he fell, he had cracked his head open on a huge rock that was down there.

"Kimberly go get the phone and call 911! Hurry! Hurry!"

I ran to the house and grabbed the phone. 
My little fingers were shaking so much as I was trying to dial 911.

I tried to catch my breath as I told them what happened and our address.

Within 10 minutes, one fire truck and one ambulance showed up at our house.

I remember crying and feel so horrible as the firefighters and paramedics ran by me.

This is all my fault....this is all my fault. I kept repeating that over and over again in my head.

It was my fault. My Mom had told me to keep an eye on my brother and I didn't.

About 10 minutes later, the fire fighters had pulled my brother out of the
 hole, put him on a stretcher and raced him to the hospital in an ambulance.

My Mom and I followed. By the time we got to his room my Dad was there too.
They hugged each other as my Mom cried in my Dad's arms. 
They then grabbed me and hugged me.

"It will be okay Kimberly..we aren't mad at you" they said.

I remember going up to my brother and telling him how sorry I was and that I loved him so much.

I can't remember how many stitches he had to get in his head...all I know is that it was A LOT.


I will never forget this story........


I love my brother so very much.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes, that's a scary childhood story. I bet you hugged your brother a lot after that. I'm glad your parents told you they weren't made at you!

 
At May 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I know tell me about it! I thought it would be a good one to share.
Yes..you bet I did!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home