Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day #1: 250 Words or Less

 
Happy 1st day of May to you all!

I am so excited to share this challenge with you guys!
 
Today...well for the rest of May actually, I will be linking up with Jenni

She came up with this awesome challenge called blog every day in May
 
I would say I blog anywhere from 4-7 days a week 
already and sometimes that can be challenging.

So this will be very interesting.
 
The thing I love about this challenge is that she has already picked
 the topics for each day to write about so it makes it a little a lot easier!
 
So lets get right down to business, shall we?!?!
 
Today's topic is " the story of your life in 250 words or less"
 
This is going to be a tricky one...but here goes nothing!
 
 
  I was born in Bellingham, Massachusetts on October 3, 1984. I grew up Catholic and we went to church all the time as a family. I never really wanted to go or had any desire to go. The only thing I loved about it was getting all dressed up. I can say that I never really accepted or had a "real" relationship with the Lord. We did a lot of moving around because of my Dad's job (project manager of an electrical company) It was sometimes very difficult, but I loved seeing new places and meeting new people. Out of all the places we lived, we stayed in Oregon the longest. I wasn't a huge fan. It's a gorgeous state, but rains 9-10 months out of the year. My parents got divorced when I was a junior in High School. That was really rough. There was no work in Oregon, so my Dad had to pack up and move back to California. That was even harder. I was devastated and depressed. No more church. I worked during the week and partied on the weekends and sometimes during the week even. This was my life. Very unfulfilled and routine like. I was very lost. October 3, 2008 a dear friend bought me a Bible ask a gift. I set it aside for a few months. When I was in the darkest period of my life, I picked it up one day and started reading it. Little did I know that reading it then would change my life forever. Best birthday gift ever. July 4th 2009, I came to visit my best friend Jamie who lived in Arizona. I came to visit and immediately fell in love with Arizona. I am a sunshine kinda gal! I felt strongly like the Lord was telling me to move to Arizona. I didn't know why, but I just trusted Him. Went back home, packed up my stuff and moved to Arizona in August. Found a job, found a guy, found a church, married that guy and here I am. I am so incredibly grateful for this beautiful life. It's seriously so amazing. My faith is the foundation of my life and the core of who I am. I am so grateful for the dark period in my life that I went through, because it has brought me to where I am today. I know that I am who I am today because of all the trials and struggles I faced. Now I am not going to say that I don't still face trials or have struggles...because I do....ALL the time. It's just a lot easier now because I have God on my side who knows me and has a wonderful plan and purpose for me and my life. I don't have to face anything alone now. I have Him to lean on and I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is real and that with Him ALL things are possible.
Life is oh so good and it has just begun!
 
 Phew! That was kinda hard. I hope you didn't count my words because I went WAY over!

505 words to be exact! Oops! 
 
Challenged failed...

   

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hahahah I love that you were real and that you kept the post, despite the fact that it was longer than the challenge. It just makes it so much more appreciated because we know it was real, raw and un-altered. Love learning more about you. What a great challenge!!! Look forward to more posts!

 
At May 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I love all your sweet little comments Bree! You are too sweet! If you ever take a trip to Arizona, I would love the chance to meet up with you!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home