Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What I Wore & 7 Ways to Maintain Peace In Your Life


 
Necklace: F21
Shoes: Payless
Tank Top: Old Navy
Sunglasses: TJ Maxx
 Old Navy Skirt: Thrifted
Down East Basics Ruffle Cardigan: Thrifted










I believe that one of the keys to maintaining peace in your life is to take small steps toward peace every day.

“Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
-Alma 37:6

1. How do you spend your time? You may be trying to do too many things and end up doing none of them well. Hurrying is trying to do more than the Holy Spirit is leading you to do. Try to be led by the Spirit.

2. It's okay to say No at times. Sometimes we take on things we know we shouldn’t, just because we’re uncomfortable saying no. If you feel this pressure, ask God to put your spirit at rest and give you loving words to speak that will take away the unnecessary awkwardness of saying no.

3. Procrastination. It’s the attitude that says I’m going to sit here and wait until I feel like doing what I need to do. But God’s word tells us to exercise self-discipline. Do what you need to do now so you can fully enjoy your times of rest.

4. Eliminate any distractions. If you know you are easily distracted, set some guidelines for yourself. Don’t let them keep you up late at night so you oversleep the next morning and end up setting yourself up for a hurried, stressful day.

5. Set boundaries for interruptions. Life is full of interruptions, but we can learn to set boundaries that help us manage them in healthy ways. Schedule times when you are “off-limits.” Let your calls go to voicemail, turn off your email, and decide to get back to people after your “off-limits” time is over.Take the time to just "be still".

6. Modify your life. Ask God to help you find ways to save time and trouble. For instance, when I don’t have time to do the dishes, I use paper plates. If I don't want to wake up earlier in the morning to iron my clothes, I iron them at night. If I don't want to come home and cook after working all day, I use our crock-pot and dinner is 95% ready when I get home.

7. Listen for the Holy Spirit. If you can see that your plan is not producing peace, go back to God; pray for peace and for wisdom to make changes that will benefit your life.



Want to be inspired and lifted up some more??
 Today I am Guest Posting over @ Covered in Grace
 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At September 3, 2012 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

I am loving all those jewel tones! Such a cute combination.

And those tips are perfect too. Happy Labor Day :)

 
At September 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely look, love those wedges!:)
Great tips, specially number 3 and 4!
By the way, maybe you want to follow each other on bloglovin and google friend connect?let me know it!:)
xoxo

 
At September 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM , Blogger Megann Monday said...

Great photos and what a lovely read! :) Thanks for dropping by my blog!

♥ Megann of Style Surgery

 
At September 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Chioma said...

loving all the shades of pink in your outfit. and your post on maintaining peace is right on time!

Chioma
C’s Evolution of Style

 
At September 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Purple is my favorite color, so I am LOVING this outfit! And I definitely need to work on the procrastination thing...bad. Thanks for linking up to Sunday Style :)

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Brooke!
Hope you had a nice Labor Day.

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Joy!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Zoe. Sure thing! I would love to!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you! Your so welcome!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thanks Chioma!

 
At September 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Jenny! You are welcome! Hope your day is going great!

 
At May 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM , Anonymous Abby said...

I love the tips - finding peace in our lives is something that a lot struggle with. So, it's all about doing what you enjoy and happy with that matters :)

As for the outfit, love the color coordination. Great job!

By the way, I've updated my blog with a new post. I'd love for you to swing by :) www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home