Wednesday, July 11, 2012

River of Life


 Dress: Thrifted // Shoes: Victoria's Secret // Sunglasses: F21


I believe that deep inside each of us, there is a river of life. This river is a wonderful gift given to each of us by a loving Heavenly Father. It flows freely through us with good health, a positive outlook on life, and a generous and forgiving attitude. When we allow the river to flow and keep our "well" from getting plugged-up, there's a peace or an ease.


It's a current that takes us along and everything seems easier. Great things come our way. When wonderful opportunities are presented to us, we are ready for them. 
It also refreshes, renews and revitalizes our lives. I'm sure you have known people from time to time who defied all logic and stayed alive years longer than they should have.
 Or you may have known people who've been able to keep a positive outlook on life even though terrible things happened to them.


Their river ran strong and didn’t stop flowing. 
On the other hand, there are those who always seem to be down, whether physically or emotionally. No matter what they do, they can't seem to "snap out of it." Their river has been stopped-up, and only a little trickle seems to pass through. 
Many people, however, have allowed their well to become stopped-up. They are always discouraged, and no matter what they do, they can’t seem to snap out of it. Years of neglect have turned a once power flowing river into a small stream. Everything's hard for them and nothing comes easy. People with a stopped-up well have to strive for things that come easily to others. It's as if they've become mired in a mud hole and every step is a struggle.
I once had a stopped-up well in my life a few years ago. I struggled to tap into the river that I knew was in me. I was constantly digging dry wells—everything in my life and the direction I was heading was disappointing and unfulfilling. I believed that there had to be something that could bring me the happiness and peace that my heart was longing for. I would strive after other things every day, but never found the pure happiness and peace I was looking for. I found that over the years I had allowed my well to become stopped-up with "stones" and "debris." The river no longer flowed freely, and I was miserable. 
Although I didn't realize it at the time, I really struggled with a lot of emotional issues. These issues became like stones, dirt and debris that had caused my well to become stopped-up. With God's help and His infinite love, I was able to overcome those issues. It was a long process, but the stones are much smaller today than they used to be. The river in me flows much stronger now and I feel like I am a better person and a lot stronger because I went through those trials. 
I have learned that until you're able to get your well cleared out and unclogged, everything will be difficult, disappointing and unfulfilling. No matter what you try, you'll be unable to taste the water from that river. And that water satisfies like nothing else. 
Tap into that stream by clearing up what blocks its flow. God can help you forgive, see the needs of those around you, and let go of past hurts or wrongs. He wants to help you deal with the "stones" and "debris" that are stopping up your well. 
 Ask God to help you clear out all the debris. Then enjoy the satisfying flow of the river of life!

Giveaway ends this Friday!
The Shabby Nest

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Elisha said...

I soooo want your dress! No fair!!

x.

 
At July 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thank you Elisha!
Hope your having a great day!

 
At July 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Holly said...

what a gorgeous spotty dress...looks lovely on you! :)

 
At July 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Kim said...

love a good retro dress. soo cute!

-kim
found the route

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home