Saturday, April 14, 2012

Free To Be Me

 

I love to reminisce and look back on the future. 

I like to think of where I was, where I am now and the person that I have become. 

I used to care what others thought of me.

I tried to fit in and impress others to feel accepted. 

I would always be hesitant and shy to say or do things because I would be worried about how others would react and what they would think about me.

We all want to feel accepted...face it...

 

In 2009, I found God.

I found myself.

I found my worth.

I no longer feel the need to fit in... 

 I only care what God thinks about me and that is the only thing that matters the most.

 I am free to be ME.

  I am far from being perfect. I struggle everyday, make mistakes and that is okay with me.
But.... 

Christ is perfect and I can become perfected through Him each day.
He brings joy, peace and happiness into my life. 
He has healed my soul. 

  Everyone struggles with the need to impress people at some level. And much of the pressure, fear and stress we experience in our lives is caused by our need to impress others.

Can you imagine how free we would be if we just lived for God and didn't worry about what others think about us? 

How wonderful is it  to know that you don't have anything to prove and you're satisfied being who God created you to be!

We need to know who we are in Christ, what we can do and what we can't. 

We need to be humble about what we can do, and we need to accept and have peace about the things we can't do. Too many people are proud of what they can do and bothered by what they can't do.
I've discovered that there's real freedom in being able to say, "I can't do that. It's not my gift or calling from God. I don't believe God is leading me to do that."
When we have this attitude, we're not comparing ourselves or competing with others. And we're not worried about living by the world's standard, like having to wear what the fashion magazines say is "in" or having the "right" job or level of income to make us "important."

I want to glorify God in everything I do.

 I want my life to be all about God and focused on Him. When it is, I know what I can do and what I can't, and I don't have to be able to do it all. I'm secure in who I am in Christ and not threatened by others who can do things I can't do. And I don't have to know everything and have all the answers to be okay. 

I'm also free to have limits and say no when I need to say no because it's not about pleasing people but being obedient to God. Serving God makes me a better servant of others. I can really love people when I'm not thinking about myself or wondering about what they're thinking about me.

You don't have to be like everybody else or do things like everybody else. God created you to be a unique individual and He wants you to be free to be who He made you to be. Keep your heart and mind on Him, and whatever you do, do it for Him. 

A life of freedom and peace is a life that's all about Him!



Have a great weekend!



Love your blogging buddy,

*Kimberly*

10 Comments:

At April 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Melita said...

You look so beautyful!! Great post :D

Would you like to follow each other? I´l be very happy about it :D

http://shopaholichousewife.blogspot.de/

 
At April 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thanks Sierra!
Earrings I got at F21.
Me too! When I was writing this post, her song came to my mind!

 
At April 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you! I am now following your blog also!

 
At April 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Brittany T. said...

i love your post kimberly! you are so pretty and have a beautiful heart! your pic is funny too! i was actually at ross yesterday w/my mom! i ended up getting a new shirt-orangey striped but the jean shorts didnt fit right. anyways, i can totally relate because i do care about what others think and i dont like that fact about me! I struggle internally all the time, but i know that i can be free through Christ who died for me, for you & everyone and that the one being i need to be concerned with on how i live my life is God! the past few months ive been comparing myself less to others, esp women and actually been trying to express encouragement and love to everyone, esp women because society enough tears us down! this is one hope i have through my blog, that i can inspire and encourage others to know they are beautiful because God made them and he makes perfect and beautiful things!

 
At April 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Awww thank you so much Brittany. You are so sweet!
Cute. I love Ross!

My advice to you that has helped me tremendously....
I have found that when I am serving others, I forget about myself and the concerns of the world. I really feel my confidence wax strong and I feel great about myself and who God created me to be!

 
At April 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Brittany T. said...

you're welcome no problem! you are a shining light! :)

Thank you for your advice! I have found that to be true as well, when serving others i feel better in who i am, and actually makes me feel good to serve. it's a win-win situation! I just need/want to do more blessing!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Little Tiffanista said...

Love this post! I have been trying to put something into words on how I have been feeling for weeks and you just nailed it! love this post! XO Tiffany

www.littletiffanista.com

 
At April 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM , Anonymous Laura said...

Love this, Kimberly! Always an amazing reminder!

 
At April 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Laura!

 
At October 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Angela Mackey said...

What a great post Kimberly! Thanks for linking up at Rethinking My Thinking!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home