Thursday, August 14, 2014

SPA WATER RECIPE: STRAWBERRY, CUCUMBER AND MINT

 Drink eight glasses of water a day?!? I don't know about you, but eight glasses is such a struggle for me. I am lucky if I drink three glasses a day! I was flipping through the pages of Redbook Magazine the other night and saw this fun recipe for Spa Water. It looked so refreshing, healthy and delicious! I did some searching on Pinterest and there are so many Spa Water combos to choose from so you can flavor your water with whatever your heart desires. You can do blueberries, ginger, rosemary, thyme, sliced green apple, orange slices, sliced melon/watermelon, pomegranate rubies, fresh cherries, sliced nectarines/plums, berries, etc. Not only does it make me happy to see some color happening in my cup, but the flavor lasts all day and provides me the right kind of sugars! I have always loved the refreshing taste of freshly cut fruits in my ice cold water, it always brings me that spa feeling. Spa water is also a great idea to use for showers, parties, events etc. in a large glass dispenser. So grab a glass, pour some color into your cup... sit back and enjoy! Cheers!

Ingredients:

*1 cup of sliced strawberries
*1 cup of sliced cucumbers
*5 mint leaves
*Water (of course!)

Directions:

Pour 6 cups of water into a pitcher. Drop in 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of sliced cucumbers and a few mint leaves. Mix well. Place in fridge overnight and enjoy the next day!

















**Little E helped in the making of this recipe**

**I am now a featured blogger over at The Bestsy. Come and check out my top restaurant picks and search for the top restaurants in your local area!

post signature

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

very fresh! and i like how to serve it!
www.bonjourchiara.com
Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

 
At August 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment Chiara! Had a full glass last night. So refreshing!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home