Thursday, February 7, 2013

Spirit of Gratitude

 

The Lord wants us to have a spirit of gratitude in all that we do and say. When we live with a spirit of thanksgiving, we can have greater happiness and satisfaction in life. Gratitude turns our hearts to the Lord and helps us to recognize His influence and all the many blessings that we have in our lives. Even during the most difficult times, we can find much to be grateful for. Doing so will strengthen and bless us.

He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious
-Doctrine & Covenants 78:19

 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
-Psalm 107:1


Some verses from one of my favorite hymns. 
This hymn always lifts my spirits, kindles my faith, and inspires my thoughts:
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings; name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done. …
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged; God is over all.
Count your many blessings; angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end. 



Do you have a gratitude journal or a journal that you write in daily?
Would love to hear your thoughts/comments.




Labels:

6 Comments:

At February 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Gratitude journals, 1000 Gifts, prayers of thanksgiving all wonderful ways to show our thankfulness for our many blessings. I feel if I don't show gratitude somehow and recognize the tender mercies then I am ungrateful. Thankfully, I know the Lord knows my heart, so if they aren't written on paper, they are certainly written on my heart.

 
At February 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I love this Lisa:

Thankfully, I know the Lord knows my heart, so if they aren't written on paper, they are certainly written on my heart.

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Morgan Brooks said...

I adore the picture, you and your blog. You just a wonderful job lady. Totally precious.
If you could stop by and check out my latest post, it'd mean a lot!
XOXO
Morgan
http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

 
At February 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM , Blogger Mom Fashion World said...

I should do this... I have lots of things to be thankful everyday.

By the way, I stumbled upon your blog through Mama Style Link Up.
I hope you can visit my blog and if you'd like we can follow each other.

http://www.momfashionworld.com/

 
At February 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Cody Doll said...

I love that hymn. So great. I also love your idea for a gratitude journal. That is a great idea. There is TONS that you can write about.

 
At February 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM , Blogger ALLIE NYC said...

A gratitude journal IS a good idea!

Ali of wwe.dressingken.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home