Thursday, February 28, 2013

Abundant Life Blog Hop

Happy Thursday!! One more day then it's the weekend! Wahoo!

I am so excited today to introduce you guys to this new blog hop!
I hope that you will be as excited as we are!

I am teaming up with Rubi from a Lily Among Thorns as we take
this amazing journey towards living a healthier, more abundant life.

Every Thursday we will have a Blog Hop where you guys can link up.

Ideas of What to Share:

*What is motivating you to be healthier?
*What do you do to stay healthy?
*Healthy recipes
*Workout tips & tricks
*Something new you learned (fun and interesting facts)

(RULES FOR THE BLOG HOP ARE BELOW)

For our first Abundant Life Blog Hop, I am going to share with you
this recipe I found on Pinterest and made for lunch yesterday.

It's super easy, healthy, easy to digest, so delicious!

I have taken the challenge to make most of my diet RAW.

What is a Raw Diet you ask?

Raw foodism (or rawism) is a lifestyle promoting the consumption of uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic foods as a large percentage.

Why and I going mostly raw? Read HERE


Ingredients:

1 avocado

1 Cup of fresh corn

Salt and pepper to taste

2-3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar

1-2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, basil, or Thai basil*

1-2 large cucumbers  peeled, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise




Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss to coat.

Serve immediately, or make ahead (up to a couple of hours) and chill.

Serves 2-4.




Be sure to check back every Thursday to link up with Rubi and I
 as we work towards living a healthier and more abundant lifestyle!



Rules: 

*Grab a button!
*DO NOT link up your blog
*Follow a Lily Among Thorns and Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl via GFC  


Lily Among Thorns
                                                



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Leah said...

I love cucumbers! they're so refreshing and cucumber water is my favorite!

 
At February 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Sophia Season said...

The recipe looks really good. I plan to make it. No one in my house would try it except my daughter. She loves to try new things. I will let you know how it turns out. I especially like the tips about cucumbers. I like them even more now.

Thank you for hosting.

Sophia
twentyfiveseasons.com

 
At March 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM , Blogger Ami @ a champagne dream said...

Hi, I'm a new follower :) That salad looks amazing (and so easy!); I'm definitely going to try it. And thank for the link to the raw diet info- that's something I've always been curious about.

xo Ami
a champagne dream

 
At March 1, 2013 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Cucumber water is so good!
Thanks for stopping by Leah!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home