Friday, November 9, 2012

Weaknesses Into Strengths



It is usually pride that keeps us from being shown our weaknesses.
It is humility that allows the Lord to show us our weaknesses.
He says we are given weaknesses for a reason.
  That we may humble ourselves...

Our weaknesses present us with a choice.


We can choose to turn to the Lord for help, or we can choose to try and overcome it ourselves.

If we choose to turn to the Lord, our weaknesses then become strengths ... through His power.

This mortal test was purposefully designed to bring us to our knees.


To make us want to cry-out for a Savior.

One of my favorite Hymns is "I Need Thee Every Hour"


We do need Him every hour.

I think about the Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane before He
was placed on the cross.

There the greatest single act of love of all recorded history took place.

Our PERFECT loving Savior was on His knees crying out to our
Father in Heaven.

 "Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee;
 take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.
How much more do we need to cry out to our Father in Heaven.

Our only Hope is Christ.

There is no other way or means to heaven, but through Him!

This reality requires us to humble ourselves before Him.

Many people don't want to admit that they need help with something, that they cannot do it under their own power.

Before coming to know the Lord a few years ago, I tried that.

It doesn't work.

I became frustrated because I felt like nothing in my life
was working out.

 It wasn't.

 I felt like I was walking through life with a blindfold,
not knowing what my purpose was and I felt no hope for my future.
 I was going down all the wrong paths trying to find peace and happiness in partying, money, shopping, and other people.

Only to soon find out that it only provides a cover up for a time and then quickly fades away.

For me, knowing that I have weaknesses and I am imperfect is okay...
that in some pre-mortal realm I agreed to accept the weaknesses that I have. 

This reality changes everything for me.

 When I counsel with the Lord in all my doings I feel close to Him and I feel like I can do anything... and I can do anything through Him who strengthens me.

Together, the Lord and I are taking my weaknesses and using them to teach me, humble me, and ultimately make me stronger.

 Without my weaknesses, such growth would not be possible, and I would feel no real need to cry unto my Savior, or make use of the great gift He has given me in the form of His Atonement!
I am grateful for all my many weaknesses and imperfections
because it makes me who I am and I know I can overcome
my weaknesses and imperfections through Him!

Have a great Friday & a fabulous weekend!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At November 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Leah said...

amen. admitting we have faults and weaknesses is so freeing! i admit that i don't always want to, because of pride that tells me i need to be perfect, but when i dwell on that i just become miserable. taking it to Him, knowing that I am weak but He is strong is so relieving. beautiful post Kimberly!

 
At November 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Blogger NewlyLoved said...

totally following

xo Jessica
www.NewlyLoved.com

 
At November 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger The Olive Tree Blog said...

this is good stuff///

 
At November 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

You have such a strong testimony. I love it! :) Thanks for always offering a positive message and spirit.

 
At November 9, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Amy K said...

I have this song. You have a great spirit. You also have a lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other?

Much Love,
http://amyklundt.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home