Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts





We all fear change. The uncertain and unknown can make us feel anxious and worried, even when the change can be good and needed.

As I read other blogs,  I've realized we are all going through changes, some more than others..... and that's okay.

 Changes and trials are meant to teach us, help us grow and develop patience, and draw us closer to God.

"It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us...if we will put our trust in Him, if we will prayer to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers"
-Utah South Regional Conference


“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
-C.S. Lewis
 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
-Philippians 4:6
“When sore trials come upon us, it’s time to deepen our faith in God, to work hard, and to serve others. Then He will heal our broken hearts. He will bestow upon us personal peace and comfort. Those great gifts will not be destroyed, even by death.” 
-Russell M. Nelson


“Sometimes, in spite of all we do to ‘make weak things become strong,’ the Lord, in His infinite wisdom, does not take away our weakness. The Apostle Paul struggled throughout his life with ‘a thorn in the flesh,’ which he said served to humble him ‘lest [he] should be exalted above measure’ (2 Corinthians 12:7). Three times Paul asked the Lord to take away his weakness, and three times the Lord declined to do so. The Lord then explained that His grace was sufficient for Paul and that, in fact, His strength was actually ‘made perfect in weakness.’ Then Paul wrote, ‘Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.’ …
“Like Paul, we can find positive meaning in weaknesses that are not taken away. Surely nothing is quite as humbling as having a weakness that we cannot overcome but must continue to struggle with throughout our life. Such a weakness teaches us, in a very personal way, that after all we can do we must rely on the grace of Christ to make up the difference.
“As we humbly submit our will to the Lord’s, we find that our weaknesses can indeed become sources of strength if we put our trust in Him.”
-Anne C. Pingree,“Making Weak Things Become Strong,” Ensign

“Be assured that there is a safe harbor. You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you. Your Heavenly Father—who knows when even a sparrow falls—knows of your heartache and suffering. He loves you and wants the best for you. Never doubt this. While He allows all of us to make choices that may not always be for our own or even others’ well-being, and while He does not always intervene in the course of events, He has promised the faithful peace even in their trials and tribulations.”
-Joseph B. Wirthlin




I hope these quotes and scriptures will inspire you to press forward and trust in Him.


Is there anything you are going through right now?  Anything that seems too hard?

I would be so happy to help you.

 I know I might not know you well or anything, but I am here to listen, offer any advice and pray for you.

Please feel free to contact me.

bostonksox@gmail.com


Have a great day!!

4 Comments:

At August 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love the references and quotes. My biggest change is my boys leaving home: one on a mission, one in the military. It is a hard thing this letting go.

 
At August 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Durante said...

I love what an inspiration you are! I've decided that being single with four kids is harder than being married with four kids. It's just a case of having to endure, but it's a pain.

 
At August 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you! I can't imagine how hard that would be as I don't have kids just yet. But I know when we do and one of them or all of them serve missions...its going to be tough. It is only for the time being and just think and picture how you will feel when they come home! It will be such an exciting time! Pray for strength and meditate on His words. He will comfort you :)
Have a great day!

 
At August 22, 2012 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Durante! I appreciate that!
I am sorry to hear that you are having to go through raising 4 kids alone. I bet it is such a huge challenge and may seem like a struggle some days or maybe even most days. Hang in there and keep your head up. I have learned over and over again that when you put God first in your life with everything you do....everything else just falls right into place. Pray for strength and wisdom so God can show you ways to get through what you are enduring at this time. I promise you that He will help you if you just trust Him.
Praying for you! Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home