Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursdays


Today I'm Thankful For....


New Beginnings
Change is good. Change is healthy.
I am growing and become as stronger person because of it.


Friends
Thank you for being there for me whenever 
I need you! You know who you are!


My Husband's Cooking Skills
He is a great cook. I call him Chef Bonham.
 He can whip anything up and magically make it taste so good!




Simple Acts of Kindness
Whether its giving a shoulder to cry on or helping someone in need.
We are all here to love and serve one another.

"We need to be kinder with one another, more gentle and forgiving. We need to be slower to anger and more prompt to help. We need to extend the hand of friendship and resist the hand of retribution. In short, we need to love one another with the pure love of Christ, with genuine charity and compassion and, if necessary, shared suffering, for that is the way God loves us....

"We need to walk more resolutely and more charitably the path that Jesus has shown. We need to 'pause to help and lift another' and surely we will find 'strength beyond [our] own.' If we would do more to learn 'the healer's art,' there would be untold chances to use it, to touch the 'wounded and the weary' and show to all 'a gentle[r] heart'"

-Howard W. Hunter





Dont forget to follow me on Twitter & Facebook!
Twitter:

Facebook:

2 Comments:

At August 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger his little lady said...

it's always so great to be thankful for things. love this post. and i'm kind of jealous that your man knows how to cook. the mister is still working on that, ha
xo TJ

 
At August 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Niamh said...

I love that quote - it's just what I needed today!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home