Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guest Blogger & Friday's Letters

  



Today I am so excited to introduce you to my friend
She is an amazing daughter of God and her blog is 
filled with delicious recipes and inspirational words to 
lift you up and make your heart smile :)



1. Tell us a little bit about you and your blog.  
 
I'm first off a daughter of the King, then a wife and mommy.  I have a passion for people, love blogging, sports, cooking and baking, and fashion.  My blog is a mix of everything...  I post things about fashion, recipes and just my life in general...  My heart, thoughts and feelings are out there for the world to read.  :) I love that family and friends from far away can stay caught up with our life through my blog, and I've met some really fun people from all over the country because of it which I think is so cool!

2. What inspires you?  
 
Jesus and the way He lived a sinless life, my family, and children and their genuine loving simple nature.
 
3. What keeps you going each day?  
 
Jesus and the joy He brings daily!

4. Any big summer plans? 
 
Just spending lots of time with family and friends and a nice long vacation coming up here in a couple of weeks...  I can't wait to relax and not have a care in the world for a short time!  
 
5. What is your favorite aspect about blogging?  
 
I really just love to write down my thoughts and how I'm feeling, and then be able to go back and read them and see the pictures~ It takes me back to that moment!...  And sometimes I'll get a really cool email about how a certain post has really inspired someone...  Just a reminder that God is so amazing and He works in the coolest ways and if we're open and trust Him, that He can use us in ways we'd never think of!  All the glory to Him!!
 
6. What is your greatest desire?  
 
My greatest desire is to model Jesus to my kids and those around me.  I want to watch my kids grow up and love on people the way Jesus did, serving them and walking daily in His presence. 

7. What is your favorite scripture and why?  
 
Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  
 
I love these verses because they're such a great reminder to me that anxiety can rob us of joy...  we cannot control things and we are to cast our cares to the Lord and be dependent on Him.  And finally, we are to meditate on virtues that Christ teaches us through the scriptures, and act on them as Jesus would.  God is always near, and He is so faithful, and so good!
 
 
 
Also, I'd love to share a recipe with you all that I made last week.  It turned out delicious and was a big hit with my husband and kids.  I'm always baking and cooking up goodies and I'm so glad I have three boys in my house to devour all of the goodies!  I hope you will visit my blog often and check out my latest happenings, recipe inspirations, or just pop in to say 'hi!'  



Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup Baking Cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1-1/4 cups Peanut Butter Chips
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat well. Slowly add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in the  peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  3.  Bake 8 minutes.  Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.


So what I do is make these delicious cookies fresh and let them cool completely.  For the ice cream, you can either make it fresh or more easily, grab a pint of your favorite ice cream from wherever you'd like.  We happen to love a delicious Salted Carmel ice cream so that's what I usually get but you can do whatever suits your fancy.  Let the ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes so that it softens a bit and scoop about 1/4 a cup on the bottom side of a cookie.  Now place another cookie on top and wrap each individual cookie in foil and place it back in the fridge for an hour so it re-hardens.  When ready to serve, line them up on a pretty plate or wrap a cute paper around each one so you don't get your hands dirty while enjoying it!  They are super east, super fun, and everyone loves them...  And they're cute to boot!  :)





 Friday's Letters




Dear God
You truly are amazing. I love you will all my heart and soul.

Dear Summer Tan (again)
I didn't get a chance to work on you last weekend so I am going to try again this weekend.

Dear Sam's Club
Thank you for having your awesome clearance section. We stock up every time for less!

Dear Mr. Cathy
You rock! 
I give you so much respect for stepping forward and standing
up for what you believe in. 

Dear Bloggy Friends
I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

3 Comments:

At August 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I am in love with your header. It is amazing!

Secondly, I will be sure to visit Laura's blog.

Thirdly, I am your newest GFC follower from the blog hop. I would love to have you visit whenever you have a moment. The Things We Find Inside

Have a great weekend!
Tami

 
At August 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thanks Tami!
Chelsea from Truly Yours designed it. She is amazing and her pricing is fantastic!
Just stopped by your blog and now following you too!

Have a great weekend!

 
At August 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love your blog and how eclectic it is...Just a bit of everything, and I love it. Glad you found my blog...I am following you back. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home