Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken Cacciatore: The Crock Pot Way



With the hubs and I constantly working and on the go, I love finding meals that are delicious and take no time to cook when I get home. We love going out to dinner with just the two of us and especially with friends. Its fun to try new restaurants... plus fast and convenient because then we don't have to cook. On the other hand, it gets SO expensive and really makes a dent in your checkbook! When we got married, we got a crock-pot (not just 1 but 6) Yes I know...6!! Lately have been really trying to get a lot of use out it. I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to add it to my "I have to try that" list.

Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooke Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours 5 mins
Serves: 6-8
 
Ingredients
 
3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 6oz. cans of tomato paste
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
3 tablespoons olive oil
 

Directions  
 
-Add chicken and sliced onions to slow cooker, and then top chicken with remaining ingredients.
 
-Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
 
-Serve over cooked pasta or rice.

Enjoy!!

4 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Erin James said...

this looks amazing and easy! :)

 
At July 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Jessica Lyness said...

Faantastic! I'm a sucker for pasta, and I will give this delightful goodness a try!

Beauty Asylum

 
At July 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

It was so simple and easy to make and tasted so good!

 
At July 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Me too!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home