Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th of July Wreath Tutorial


On yesterday's post, I shared some 4th of July crafts that I really liked. I love hanging wreaths on our front door. I think it's fun and inviting. On Sunday after Sunday dinner with the family, Josh and I went to my sister-in-laws house. She had a 4th of July wreath (inspired by Pinterest of course!) hanging on her door. I just had to make one of my own and share the tutorial with you guys!! Enjoy!


Supplies12" styrofoam wreath form
2 (25yds) matte white tulle spools
2 (25yds) matte red tulle spools
2 (10yds) royal blue tulle spools
2yds coordination 1 1/2" ribbon
3 wooden stars
hot glue gun with glue sticks
scissors
ruler

Instructions

Start by cutting your tulle strips into 22" pieces. If you have a smaller wreath, you will want to adjust this size. I would suggest that you cut a 22" strip then trim it to the desired length and use that as a guide to cut the rest of your strips. I used A LOT of tulle... not quite 2 full spools of each color but pretty close.

I started with the blue tulle on the left side of the ribbon and worked my way about 1/4 down. Then, starting on the right side of the ribbon, I tied 3 red, 3 white, 3 red... etc. etc. Since the flag stripes begin and end with red, I wanted to do that too.

To tie the tulle on I use a loop and pull method. Start by folding the tulle in half. I came under and over to tie, but you can go the other way - just make sure whatever direction you choose that you use it throughout the wreath.

Bring the ends up and slip the folded end over your fingers.


Pull the open ends of the tulle through the folded end as shown:

Pull tight and arrange. Push up to the top of the wreath and continue with another piece.


Once you've finished placing all your tulle... check for uneven ends. Trim these with scissors to make the ends more uniform.


The stars I applied a little bit of hot glue to and sprinkled silver glitter on. I then hot glued them onto the wreath.


..........................................................................................................

Just a little inspiration for today. I came across this on my friends Facebook page and wanted to share.
He is all we need...

3 Comments:

At June 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

absolutely love your blog! would you like to swap buttons? I'll grab yours now!

 
At August 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So great I love it thanks so much for sharing at Miss Informations I freakin did it Friday, I hope to see you back later this week!

 
At August 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Very nice wreath! Thanks for sharing at Show Off Friday!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home