Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughts.


As each day passes,  I realize how strong a connection exists between our thoughts and our words.

 I honestly believe that this connection is one of the most important things we can learn in our lives.

So many people's problems are rooted in their way of thinking, which can actually produce a lot of the problems they experience.

How does this happen?
A negative mind produces negative words and, consequently, a negative life.

Our words can actually become traps that cause us to continue our cycle of negative thoughts and actions.

Yes....we're all tempted to speak negatively, but we don't have to give in to that temptation.

To turn our words around, we need to start thinking about what we're thinking about, and then make some real changes.

 

Trap of Negative Thinking

At one point in my life I allowed many years of negative thinking and speaking in my life, I became an extremely negative, sour person. I was very unhappy and miserable.

My philosophy became:
 "if you don't expect anything good to happen, then you won't be disappointed when it doesn't."
Have you ever felt this way?

Because I had encountered so many disappointments, I was afraid to believe that anything good could happen to me.

I had developed a terribly negative outlook on everything in my life.

If I had continued to believe those lies about never getting over my past, I never would've gotten over my past.

New Thoughts & New Possibilities
With God's help I am continually reminded that my past doesn't have to control my future.


I don't need God's help in my life to give up!

 I need His help to keep going!

I now know how important it is for me to understand the fact that my life would not have gotten straightened out until my mouth did.

And since the two are linked, my mouth wasn't going to get straightened out until my mind did.
Changing your words and thoughts is definitely not an easy thing to do, but with God's help ALL things are possible.

Be Patient with Yourself & with God
We have to choose to think and speak positively.


It doesn't just come naturally—and it doesn't happen overnight.

In fact, it takes a lot of practice.

There will be days when you have setbacks, but just get back up, dust yourself off, and start again.

When a baby is learning to walk, he/she falls many, many times before he/she gains the confidence to walk.

 Failing from time to time—which you will do—doesn't mean you're a failure.

 It simply means that you don't do everything right all the time.

Well, neither does anyone else...

If you've been consumed with negative thinking and speaking, the pathway to your freedom begins when you face the problem without making excuses for it. Trust God!

Be patient with yourself.

As you change your thinking, your words will change and so will your life!

9 Comments:

At February 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

I believe this 100%...it wasn't until about a year ago when I discovered how true everything you said really is true! Thanks for the reminder! If you don't mind, I'd like to post a link of this post on my twitter feed! I think this is an excellent post to share! :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are welcome Ashley! Thanks for stopping by!
Sure! Go for it! I would love and appreciate that!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so needed this reminder. I can sink down into negative thinking quicker that I realize, and it is something that I have really be trying to watch lately.

 
At February 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Rebekah,
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment.
I think we all need this reminder every once in awhile. I find that writing out positive thoughts in my journal and praying help a bunch! Give it a try!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger S said...

I agree with the others! :)


If you like fashion, you will surely like my blog with finnish flavour ! I invite you to check it out, and why not follow it to support and be the first to know when I post ;)

xoxo Heidi Caterina

SearchingforLBD.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Love this post! It's a great reminder as to how our thoughts can shape our actions which in turn can affect the world!

Have a great day:D
chandra
www.astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Sierra,
Thank you! I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments on most of my posts. It really means a lot. So..thank you!
Yes..your 100% right! Sometimes all it takes is just asking and trusting God to turn those thoughts around into good ones.

Hope your having a great Monday!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by Heidi!
I will drop by your blog now and check it out!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks for commenting Chandra!

Hope your having a great Monday afternoon!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home